2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sc0rian said:
lol, believe it or not. I'm not rich at all. Just 99.9% of money goes on computers.
I'd move the sub off the TV, otherwise you'll be paying the other 1% on the ruined set... :eek:

Sc0rian what model are those Samsung monitors of yours? They look great!
Other random questions:
What size are they?
How do they perform for gaming?

Here's mine,
Workstation1.JPG

Workstation2.JPG

There is more to show then this... if you want to see more go over to my worlog....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Shotz!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Workstation...
l13.JPG

l03.JPG

l02.JPG

l06.JPG

OptPrime said:
There is more to show then this... if you want to see more go over to my worlog....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Shotz!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Workstation...
What NEC display is that?

werewolves182 said:
For a 15 year old, its not too bad.
I'd say it is! That's a lot of crap for a 15 yr old. Just imagine you'll be swimming in shit by the time you graduate from college.

emorphien said:
I'd say it is! That's a lot of crap for a 15 yr old. Just imagine you'll be swimming in shit by the time you graduate from college.

I'm only 16, I have more than 10 computers (All running), 27Inch TV, 5 Channel mixer (which my cd player and computer is hooked up to), 200 watt stereo, 5 monitors, 3Com Superstack II networking gear, and a bunch more. I don't really like to go places so all my $$$ goes straight to adding to my room (All 20$ a week of it). Not trying to top you or anything :).

Ibanez3434 said:
I'm only 16, I have more than 10 computers (All running), 27Inch TV, 5 Channel mixer (which my cd player and computer is hooked up to), 200 watt stereo, 5 monitors, 3Com Superstack II networking gear, and a bunch more. I don't really like to go places so all my $$$ goes straight to adding to my room (All 20$ a week of it). Not trying to top you or anything :).

pics?

only 200 watts rms? when i was 15 i got my z-560s @ 400watts rms

compslckr said:
pics?

Need Proof? Don't blame you, Remember when that guy wanted us to beleave he had a dual T1 and a T3 in his house becouse his dad was a surgean or somthing?
Here's my post from the networking forum.
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1026812492&postcount=963
Oh and here's a pic of teh mixer.
http://home.comcast.net/~ibanez3434/Mixer.jpg

BTW: I just nailed my first job (At Winn DIxie), Should be getting my first paycheck tommorow, so I think I'm gonna need a bigger room... :D

compslckr said:
I'd rather have 100watts RMS from a good stereo than a cheezy 400 watts on a good day.

it is an NEC multisync 2080UX+BK... Which is NEC's nicest 20.1 inch screen. I traded my paintball guns and some cash for it. Best trade of my life. this thing is teh qwnage for text... it even games enough to take it to lans and such.

OptPrime said:
it is an NEC multisync 2080UX+BK... Which is NEC's nicest 20.1 inch screen. I traded my paintball guns and some cash for it. Best trade of my life. this thing is teh qwnage for text... it even games enough to take it to lans and such.
I have a 1980SX and am itching to pick up another one. Maybe I will some time before next summer. It's hard to get images to span nicely across it and my 19" CRT... kinda wacky dimensions. :(

Why do people get into this whole "Look at me I have way more stuff than you!!" e-p*nis discussion?

It's beyond me why people would want to brag about how much crap they were given, or bought. Grow the f00k up already.

First of all... F**K urself with a big D*ldo!!! just cuz u can't afford it...

Secondly... where bouts in Halifax u live.. i just moved from there...

:p

Futzy said:
Why do people get into this whole "Look at me I have way more stuff than you!!" e-p*nis discussion?

It's beyond me why people would want to brag about how much crap they were given, or bought. Grow the f00k up already.
some people care.

anyway... that 20" screen is nice too OptPrime. NEC makes great displays.

Futzy said:

You'd never understand, you live in Canada. We're greedy arse pigs here in America...well...most of us are.

SHHHHHHHHH. No fighting please, kids are reading and moms are listening.
Oh, and by the way, this is [H]ardOCP. Your not [H]rd unless you have alot of crap, whether its new crap or old 1980's crap, " crap is crap".

yeah wait a minute... i busted my ass buying all this stuff. it took more fucking hours working a drab and craptacular job earning the cash to buy this stuff then i want to even discuss. So F'that... hey i got an idea... since you don't like people showing pictures of their rigs and setups... maybe you should go to a different thread because last time i checked this one was for showing off your workstation. :rolleyes:

I'm all rackmount:

rack.jpg

Two workstations and my server, all with hotswap backplanes for the drives.

Yes, that is one bad bad picture, no flames please. Sad thing is I cant take another pic, since hurricane ivan destroid our home :( , once rebuilt I should have one hell of an office, and will update this! :cool:
workstation.JPG

Bones said:
I'm all rackmount:

rack.jpg

Two workstations and my server, all with hotswap backplanes for the drives.
Nice. I have the same rack in my garage, cept it's twice as tall ;)

Futzy said:

I love seeing peoples setups, be they worse or better than mine. Some people have spent alot of time on them and it would be a shame if no one, especially on a TECH forum, could see them.

Futzy said:

i get into it because i like to see the setups of people who are better organized than i am so i can get ideas to maximize my workspace for greater efficiency. recently i moved and i used pictures from this very thread as a reference for how i set up my apartment.

Hey Bones...

I'm planning on gettin that exact rack soon. Just wondering how it is, if u have to assemble it and would u recommend one?

thanks..

enforcer17 said:
Hey Bones...

I'm planning on gettin that exact rack soon. Just wondering how it is, if u have to assemble it and would u recommend one?

thanks..

The rack is awesome. It comes in three boxes, so assembly is required. It's easy though, really don't even need instructions (good thing, too... they suck). You'll only need a phillips head screwdriver, and a tape measure would be nice to have, as well. Just plan ahead on where everything will go before putting in any screws.

Get the 26" deep version... not the shallow version. Also get 26" ball bearing slide rails for every chassis.

Rackmount is the only way to go! I will never again purchase a non-rackmountable case.

GrandmasterGord said:
Bones, love the setup. Where can I purchase a rack such as yours?

Servercase.com has a good selection of rackmount stuff. I think rackmountmart.com has something similar, too, but I've never bought from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back