2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

From left to right

P3 1.13 ghz - 512mb of ram - 36gb (dun remmber what kind) running mandrake - geforce2mx

p4 2.26 @ 2.85 ghz air cooled - 1gb(512x2) PC3200 ELIXIR Ram - 60 gb, 76 gb both ibm deathstars) - Ati Radeon 9800np

AMD XP 3200+ @ 2.31 ghz on abit nf7-s - 1gb(512x2) GEIL pc3200 ram - wd160gb, wd120gb, seagate80gb. - BBA ATI RADEON 9800 PRO

IBM t20 P3 750mhz - 256 mb PC100 ram, 20gb drive

ECS g736 - P4 2.6 ghz HT - 768 mb pc2700 ram - 40 gb Drive - Mobility RADEON 9600 128 mb

Inquisition:

what desk is that on the right? im looking for a new one and that looks perfect.

the one to the right is 10 yearold L shaped desk thats falling appart... unfortunatly im not aware of where it was bought as it was a handmedown.

the one to the left is actually a horizontal table with struts (hardcore yo!!)

we spanish folks clean well dont we.. no wonder we are the backbone of the janitorial world :p

TheMostWantedPolishTwin said:
OMG - ImaRootofALLEVIL.. that's just too scarry... :p
Well it's ok he's leet. How can I tell? He can twirl a pencil while installing a menu-driven nix.

Workstation.JPG

Here is my workstation with it's hyper organization. If you look REAL close...or not...you can see my chairs seat leans down to the left a bit (I got pissed at :mad: BF1942 :mad: and spiked the chair on the floor, causing a permanent tilt) This is ok though cause I sit with my wallet in my back left pocket, so it makes me level.... :D
HDTV Antenna, Row of Remotes on the floor....the blue cable on the floor to the right goes to the Wireless Linksys Router which is inches from being crushed by my door. Anyways....enjoy the super organization....its borderline OCD really.
Kyle B.

Bgrngod said:
Workstation.JPG

Here is my workstation with it's hyper organization. If you look REAL close...or not...you can see my chairs seat leans down to the left a bit (I got pissed at :mad: BF1942 :mad: and spiked the chair on the floor, causing a permanent tilt) This is ok though cause I sit with my wallet in my back left pocket, so it makes me level.... :D
HDTV Antenna, Row of Remotes on the floor....the blue cable on the floor to the right goes to the Wireless Linksys Router which is inches from being crushed by my door. Anyways....enjoy the super organization....its borderline OCD really.
Kyle B.

How do you like those new logitech speakers? :)

sdclassic said:
Well it's ok he's leet. How can I tell? He can twirl a pencil while installing a menu-driven nix.
thats the freebsd install...
lately i like openbsd better... i must get around to trying netbsd

hey, at least it isnt 1 of those fuckin linux distros w/ their x based installers

here here for netbsd. and here here for gentoo the best linux distro ever.... ;) im with you root even though you are a messy bastard (and im ok with that) i definatly agree with your choice in operating systems.

good lord that is a clean workstation. the logitec speakers are kicking a$$ too. real nice with the matching too. NICE!

ImaRootofALLEVIL said:
well, lets see...

the old config
http://www.evilmofo.com/images/desk.jpg
before my pm box is full of offers, the a64 is gone

the somewhat current config:
[img]http://www.evilmofo.com/images/room/110_1070.jpg

[img]http://www.evilmofo.com/images/room/110_1071.jpg

[img]http://www.evilmofo.com/images/room/110_1072.jpg

im starting to take over the basement too:
[img]http://www.evilmofo.com/images/room/basement/109_0999.jpg

[img]http://www.evilmofo.com/images/room/basement/110_1002.jpg
note the microvax and openvms documentation...[/QUOTE]

That is fucking disgusting, how in the fuck do you live with yourself? Good luck getting laid...

For the guy with the really messy room.

- Sort everything out Working stuff / not working stuff
- Throw out everything that doesn't work
- Decide what you need and what you don't (REALLY NEED)
- Sell everything you dont need
- Buy a big desk for your computer.
- Buy a work table for things that need repair/whatever
- With the money you made selling things you didn't need, get a hooker and new computer :)

EDIT: Are you willing to sell that Logitech Elite keyboard and one of the multiple MS 3.0's. (Preferably the newest :p) PM ME PLZZ :)

roachm said:
For the guy with the really messy room.

- Sort everything out Working stuff / not working stuff
- Throw out everything that doesn't work
- Decide what you need and what you don't (REALLY NEED)
- Sell everything you dont need
- Buy a big desk for your computer.
- Buy a work table for things that need repair/whatever
- With the money you made selling things you didn't need, get a hooker and new computer :)

Actually, I'm really pissed at that guy right now.

Baby Jesus was browsing the internet and saw those pictures, and now he won't stop crying!

HEAR THAT SCREAMING?!? YOUR PC MADE BABY JESUS CRY!!!

(BTW, looks like I still have the tidiest setup in this thread so far. Well, except for the guy with, like, TWELVE LCDs or something. Anyway, I've got to update that pic someday now that I've modded my SFF case and had the move the HOTAS around some.)

That's no fair! You work at home and have much more to spend on your setup than us poor college kids:)

I'll post an updated pic of mine in a bit, I just got another monitor from home:)

edit: Here they are...

P1010023.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010025.jpg

Wow you are ..stalking me or something .. lol./.. you have the atari Sticker In the SAME place where mine is, Same Keyboard, Same Alarm Clock, Amd Athlon xp Sticker in same area as mine and same Speakers i Sold to my friend :eek: :eek:

Dudeyourlame said:
Wow you are ..stalking me or something .. lol./.. you have the atari Sticker In the SAME place where mine is, Same Keyboard, Same Alarm Clock, Amd Athlon xp Sticker in same area as mine and same Speakers i Sold to my friend :eek: :eek:
Crap, my plan has been foiled...

desk.jpg

Its still a WIP. What looks like a stack of a computer frame and parts is actually the server holding the image. Its about a 4 year old case mod (one of these days). The Overture on the floor actually goes out under my tv, it needed some hardware swapping and a reformat. The tall antec case is my computer (dual xeon), and the short one is my wife's soon-to-be computer. She is the one I am smooching in the heart picture. The rest is just crap that needs to go in the big blue box on the far right.

imarootofallevil defenitly takes the cake for the most messy ..."setup".
How uncofortable that must be to live in that mess. Sorry, clean up.

i'm so glad this topic was made, i look at everybody else's stuff and end up cleaning up my room.

my mom's never been so happy. :p

HRslammR said:
i'm so glad this topic was made, i look at everybody else's stuff and end up cleaning up my room.

my mom's never been so happy. :p
post some pics after you get done cleaning Keep this thread alive :D

ImaRootofALLEVIL said:
thats the freebsd install...
lately i like openbsd better... i must get around to trying netbsd

hey, at least it isnt 1 of those fuckin linux distros w/ their x based installers
Yeah...bsd is a nix, a unix based os. and there's nothing wrong with x based installers.

i'll paypal you $10 to clean your shit up, ex dee

IMG_0673.JPG

rearranged our dorm room today, now i actually have a wall to hang my shit on insted of a window in fron of me! :)

i am digging the whole corner thing alot more than being in teh middle of a wall with a ben on each side and a window in front. my old set up is a few pages back if anyone wants to compare the two.,

sigh you win...i was thinkin i might use a shuttle case for my monster computer. they run fast as crap right?

sdk said:
wheres the tissue paper at?
right behind my chair for easy access of course ;)

any yes, my shuttle runs quite well. the specs of it are in my sig.

and yes i like girls ;) it gives me something to look at that is much better than plain white cement walls.

I wanted to get a shuttle, but all that time I put in my case its not worth it.

my new new workstation....
MVC-010S1.jpg

sry about the pic, dated camera. ^_^
EDIT: my mouse is out of batteries. thats why im using a old mouse. ill get around to getting batteries later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back