2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I am messy :p so what! hehehhehehehehehehehehe
workstationpic1.jpg

STRESSTEST said:
re-do on the pics now that my "red" case is complete

There will probably be another round of pics since I am planning to take the bridge piece off (the 3-way 1800FPs sit on) and extend all the way across the room. So the bridge piece will be about 8 feet long then. We'll see....

PA052047.jpg

Couple questions....

That blue globe thing off to your left....what IS that? Where do you get it? Pretty sweet!

Also, the desktop on your two left monitors, there - what's that from?

Pics of my friend's computer repair business office:

boxes.jpg

Pics of boxen under the desk. Left to right: Packard Bell currently getting it's drive imaged by the system next to it, 'main' system for backups/general use, a customer's system (Old school PC/AT keyboard on top), current smoothwall box, ex-smoothwall box (died), and finally an APC UPS.

desk.jpg

Picture of entire desk. The black thing on the right is a small air compressor he uses to clean dust/spider webs from customer's computer (he gets alot of old dusty systems in).

2gsandprinter.jpg

Here's his Apple IIGS. He has recently gotten into retro computing, and desided to put his grandparents old Apple IIGS in his office.

network.jpg

Here's the network. It serves most of the rest of office complex internet (they pay him a small fee for it).

To his his credit, it wasn't this messy before. He had his 8-port Linksys broadband router die on him, and this is what we could put together on short notice. The white vertical box is a Motorola Cable modem (3Mbps down), the white horizontal box with rounded corners is my old 3Com Homeconnect 4-port router, the grey box is a 'pocket' switch. Since my router (and most other home routers) doesn't pass DHCP past a switch, the smoothwall assigns IPs to the computers connected to the switch. I have no idea what that stain is, you can't really see normally, but the flash highlighted it.

shelves.jpg

Picture of his shelving unit/entertainment center. CPU magazines, Maximum PC magazines, and various computer books adorn the top shelf. Middle shelf has TV serves as background noise most of the time and a PS2 has been touched in ages. He uses the game system in a joystick thing on the third shelf on top of the unused scanner to play Galaxian when has free time. A couple of old printers and a sub-woofer are on the bottom shelf.

To the right of the shelves you can some pull-out drawer things that uses to store various cards and cables.

dan.jpg

Here's the friend in question sitting on the office futon. I think he fell asleep right before I took this pic.

overview.jpg

As best of an overview pic as we could get, showing the futon in relation to the desk. (shelves are directly across from futon). A previously unseen customer Compaq is in front of the futon.

well that was a real pointless post like the one im making now.... ugh

I guess this is the place to post pics of your workstation :)
Here ya go:

liferulez.jpg

Just reorganized my desktop, new version:
newsetup.jpg

And no, it's not the same picture, on this one the porsche is red and on the other orange :)
Having a light behind the screen is lovely on the eyes.

^^^ Nice headphone setup! Whats the box with the X on it next to your monitor in the first pic?

Nice setup Haribo, I'm a fan of the HD600 w/ Oehlbach's -> Xcan, very nice! Was I right with the cables? They look like the Oehlbach's, but I'm not sure... Also, I see your Karma's dock sneaking in that picture:)

I just got some goodness in the other day, I think the pics speak for themselves!
P1010188.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010003.jpg

MisterX, do you recognize that amp? I'll give you a hint...he was once your young padawan:)

dderidex said:
Couple questions....

That blue globe thing off to your left....what IS that? Where do you get it? Pretty sweet!

Also, the desktop on your two left monitors, there - what's that from?

That's exactly what it is. A Glass Globe sitting on a real small LED base. Fry's B&M 20 bucks. They keep it in their novilty lighting area. Lava lamps, plasma balls etc, you know.

The wallpaper is a sceen of the Swordfish from Cowboy Bebop. Images here

here's the Boodcells too incase anyone wants that.

Thaddy said:
Nice setup Haribo, I'm a fan of the HD600 w/ Oehlbach's -> Xcan, very nice! Was I right with the cables? They look like the Oehlbach's, but I'm not sure... Also, I see your Karma's dock sneaking in that picture:)

Yes it's the oehlbach cable, how the hell did you see that? :)

i noticed the penn relays thing as well. i ran there 2 years ago (4x100, 4x400) and saved my paper ID (what the hell are they called anyway) also!

Haribo said:
Yes it's the oehlbach cable, how the hell did you see that? :)
I've got good eyes:) I could tell by the plugs going into the earcups, I used to have those cables over the summer. Pretty good eh? I could tell those were the HD600's because of the headband pad too, the HD650's only has 2 sections. Otherwise, the color looks similar in your pics, and I wouldn't have known.

Also, where did you get that keyboard?

EGGO said:
Thaddy, do you do a lot of marathon runs or something of that nature?
Not yet, I run Cross Country and Track at college. I've got hundreds more from high school and my last 2 years here, but I haven't put them up yet.

Thaddy said:
I've got good eyes:) I could tell by the plugs going into the earcups, I used to have those cables over the summer. Pretty good eh? I could tell those were the HD600's because of the headband pad too, the HD650's only has 2 sections. Otherwise, the color looks similar in your pics, and I wouldn't have known.

Also, where did you get that keyboard?

It's a Logitech UltraX keyboard, you can almost get them at every single computer store close to where I live.

General workstation shot including desk, computers, chair, system, posters, etc...
DSCF0042 (Large).JPG

Shot of desk with college applications stacked up, "new" 15" LCD embezzled from a stock company...
DSCF0043 (Large).JPG

Shot of posters, including the newest one CAROLINA. Go UNC...
DSCF0044 (Large).JPG

I love my Karma.. has anyone messed around with the firmware for that thing? I really want to toy around with it for making it more compatible with linux and messing with the HTTP server on it...

OMGOMG! Is that the new 12mhz mainframe?! I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE OUT YET!!!

jk :) looks like hours of old skool fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back