2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys, your going to get this thread closed
Just let it slide a little, their little bragging session ended a few pages ago.

Oh crap, I missed all that stuff. I just went back and read it. Sorry if I was quick to jump down your throat Skitlz, no hard feelings:)

Yeah, quit the damn bragging, get a job, and continue posting pics of your workspace!

i wonder how much underage drinking occurs late night in these forums.............

2001fp 003.jpg

ive been waiting a while to post my system. i really gotta get my organized, my desk is a mess.

Originally posted by jamestime88
http://mrbobo.net/uploaded/2001fp 003.jpg[IMG]
ive been waiting a while to post my system. i really gotta get my organized, my desk is a mess. [/B][/QUOTE] is that the dell 2001fp ive been hearing good things about? that thing is huge.

Originally posted by jwill
is that the dell 2001fp ive been hearing good things about? that thing is huge.
yes, it is a 2001fp. and yes, it is HUGE. it dwarfs my 19" crt.

Originally posted by hardwired
edit: you have my headphones, also. wtf.
those headphones are uncomfortable after a while, i ended up selling them. on the other hand these other sony phones, mdr-v900 i could wear all day, ultra comfortable.

Originally posted by jwill
those headphones are uncomfortable after a while, i ended up selling them. on the other hand these other sony phones, mdr-v900 i could wear all day, ultra comfortable.

they arent necessarily meant for comfort!

i dont fucking understand why all these ppl who dont DJ have them. they dont sound nearly as good as the 900's and, like you said, have considerable clamping pressure.

unless you need the eardrum-perforating power output or the ultra-kinky twisting, get the 900s (which cost incrementally more) or the technics (which cost like $30 less at least).

wtf I dont understand! Is it a looks thing? are you all starving artists who wish to suffer for their art? wtf.

Originally posted by hardwired
they arent necessarily meant for comfort!

i dont fucking understand why all these ppl who dont DJ have them. they dont sound nearly as good as the 900's and, like you said, have considerable clamping pressure.

unless you need the eardrum-perforating power output or the ultra-kinky twisting, get the 900s (which cost incrementally more) or the technics (which cost like $30 less at least).

wtf I dont understand! Is it a looks thing? are you all starving artists who wish to suffer for their art? wtf.
first of all you can calm down. second what do you care what people buy? and third you shouldnt assume people are something or not before you know for sure, youll be surprised. i didnt say "they dont sound nearly as good as the 900's" or that they "have considerable clamping pressure". the headphones are attractive so i can see why people would want to buy them. i probably shouldnt have said anything at all, i dont like all this off-topic-ness, sorry guys. :rolleyes:

(posted this also in the other forum)

In the absense of my digital camera (dropped it) I made this movie for the "post your workstation" thread over at neowin.net. Its my setup as of four months ago. Some things have changed, but its pretty current.

Also, movie is maybe a little too long (too much fun playing with movie maker) and seems to be a bit on the dark side. James Cameron I am not, but I thought it came out ok.

Hope you like.

http://home.comcast.net/~im11b/office.wmv

Whats wrong with Neowin? Other than the ocasional rude I-have-over-3000-posts person, I think the site is great.

is someone going to close the other thread and perhaps sticky this one?

Click for bigger versions
On the left are all my linux cds, applications, windows cds, etc.

Here you can see my sennheiser HD497s, and View Sonic 15" LCD

WRT54G/Network Setup, Printer, mess of wires

Dell P2 233mhz Slackware box with Apache PHP Perl

Here you can see my wires/parts bin, tons of music cds, extra boxes/trash

Should of posted in this thread in the first place...

Specs -

Dual LCD Workstation
Antec Lanboy
Abit AT-7 Max 2
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1gb PC2700 DDR Ram
120gb Western Digital 8mb Hard Drive
Built by ATI Radeon 9600 128mb DDR Ram
Turtle Beach Catalina Sound Card
4x DVD-RW +/- Dual Format Drive
52x TDK CD-RW Drive
Logitech Z680 5.1 Speakers
2 Dell UltraSharp 1703FP 17-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitors *my babys*

Laptop
Powerbook G4 12", Rev. A
867MHz PowerPC G4, 256KB L2 cache, 133MHz bus
768Mb PC2100 DDR Ram
60gb Toshiba Hard Drive
nVIDIA Geforce 4 MX 32mb
Apple Super Drive flashed to burn at 4x DVD+R
Airport Exreme Wireless 802.11G Card

Because of all the questions i'm getting about the desk I will just tell you all so you dont have to pm me lol. I ordered the desk off Officemax.com its from the Futura "L" Glass Collection and is the Blue Tinted Glass " L" Workcenter. Its a great desk and very easy to put together just a pain in the ass to keep clean.

RiDDLeRThC said:
Should of posted in this thread in the first place...

Specs -

Dual LCD Workstation
Antec Lanboy
Abit AT-7 Max 2
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1gb PC2700 DDR Ram
120gb Western Digital 8mb Hard Drive
Built by ATI Radeon 9600 128mb DDR Ram
Turtle Beach Catalina Sound Card
4x DVD-RW +/- Dual Format Drive
52x TDK CD-RW Drive
Logitech Z680 5.1 Speakers
2 Dell UltraSharp 1703FP 17-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitors *my babys*

Laptop
Powerbook G4 12", Rev. A
867MHz PowerPC G4, 256KB L2 cache, 133MHz bus
768Mb PC2100 DDR Ram
60gb Toshiba Hard Drive
nVIDIA Geforce 4 MX 32mb
Apple Super Drive flashed to burn at 4x DVD+R
Airport Exreme Wireless 802.11G Card

Because of all the questions i'm getting about the desk I will just tell you all so you dont have to pm me lol. I ordered the desk off Officemax.com its from the Futura "L" Glass Collection and is the Blue Tinted Glass " L" Workcenter. Its a great desk and very easy to put together just a pain in the ass to keep clean.
I want your desk and speakers. :D

sixtynine-desk1.jpg

sixtynine-desk2.jpg
sixtynine-fah.jpg

That's my workstation. Not pictured are a couple other amd rigs around the house.
I'd still like to add about 2 more dual rigs to the folding stand.

My 'Workstation'
workstation2.jpg

My 'Server' (read: old Dell 550 I have no other use for)
server.jpg

My Excessive Networking (still cant figure out the Advancestack, hence only the server is plugged into it...)
network.jpg

And Muzaks
musics.jpg

RiDDLeRThC said:
Its a great desk and very easy to put together just a pain in the ass to keep clean.
Oh man, I hear you because I own a glass top desk as well and it definately is a pain in the rear to keep clean, constantly having to use windex to get read of the water marks and smears and etc. Also the thing requires you a mouse pad, so that influenced me even more to go ahead and get a Ratpadz GS. I'll have to grab my Nikon sometime and snap some shots of my setup and show you guys. :cool:

here is my costum desk me and Jeeves put together for my new apartment...

dont worry, it should be painted soon, and i plan on putting glass over the shelves for soldering, and a test psu under the top with only terminal sticking up...

desk1.JPG

desk2.JPG

desk3.JPG

isp said:
sixtynine-desk1.jpg

sixtynine-desk2.jpg
sixtynine-fah.jpg

That's my workstation. Not pictured are a couple other amd rigs around the house.
I'd still like to add about 2 more dual rigs to the folding stand.

hey isp the company i work for makes that stand you have that with the monitor on top of it. if u ever need any replacement parts for it let me know. i work in the parts department. did u buy it from walmart?

flat4 said:
hey isp the company i work for makes that stand you have that with the monitor on top of it. if u ever need any replacement parts for it let me know. i work in the parts department. did u buy it from walmart?

Yeah dood, that stand is a good deal from Walmart. I'm also getting this tomorrow to go in the same room...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...t=4044&path=0:4044:103150:91790:110736:112666

I will add you to my buddy thing on cpanel so I don't forget ur the guy to contact if i need any replacements ;D

isp said:
Yeah dood, that stand is a good deal from Walmart. I'm also getting this tomorrow to go in the same room...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...t=4044&path=0:4044:103150:91790:110736:112666

I will add you to my buddy thing on cpanel so I don't forget ur the guy to contact if i need any replacements ;D

ahahah we make that also. i was thinking about just takin the parts from the warehouse and making one for my self. insted i bought this big ass entertainment center for 78 bucks.

I threw this together in a weekend with about 150 bucks worth of Melamine and Oak trim. I have 7 x 11 room in the basement I use as a office/geek cave and wanted it to be somewhat organized.

Front

deskfront.jpg

Left Side

deskleft.jpg

Right Side

deskright.jpg

It wraps all the way around the room, and into a closet behind where I sit I have another workstation space where my File Server sits. I still have some work to do on that area so no pictures.

I want a new desk so I can have dual monitors, I worked a lot last summer to get what I have right now. This summer should be the same.

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

Some new pics of my stuff (Page 24 i think for the old pics)

workspace1.jpg

Main computer area. Apple G3 below table. AMD 2500+ based system in silver, and an AMD 750 Server in red (300+ gigs of network storage).

workspace2.jpg

LAN Computer build just for friends that come over and play games. (AMD 2500+ w/ Radeon 8500)

workspace3.jpg

My iPaq and a better shot at the main pc and server.

workspace4.jpg

Shot at the window in my main pc.

Im planning on getting another corner desk this summer and putting in the corner with the LAN case. I figured out that it would fit with just enough room to put that file cabnet between it and the other corner desk w/ the big moniter. So then i can put the 60incher on the other side where the couch is now and have a full U shaped workstation.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back