2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
aabacadabra, what about the temp monitor, is that working pretty good? And the LCD, does it look pretty good?

Originally posted by Benny Blanco
aabacadabra, what about the temp monitor, is that working pretty good? And the LCD, does it look pretty good?

yes the temp monitor works great. there are 3 sensors you place around inside the case to monitor cpu, system and hard drive. you can display in either c or f. also there is a display for time, date, hard drive busy-ness, power. the coolest feature is an alarm clock. the bugga is VERY loud and works well for getting up for school each morning hehe. i can take a closer pic if anyone needs.

I need. Take a closer pic :)

I think I have a sick fetish for mATX :rolleyes:

A month or two ago, I bought this GMC f-11 mATX off newegg for $20 shipped, but I have yet to put anything in it since I don't have money to buy a mATX mobo, PSU or dvd/cdrw combo drive. Since it was being discontinued, and selling so cheap, I just had to get it.... can't wait to build it up too :)

I think I see that A106 in my future as well though... with watercooling ;)

/voice=singing
ghetto desk you are!
/voice

desk.jpg

Originally posted by battleangel3222
Alright Guys, time for you to get hella jealous

my foosball table across from the desk

P1010062.JPG

Of course, the TV, VCR, DVD Player & Xbox & PS2 that are to the left of the desk.

w00000000000t

WOW. That home theater is what I'm most-jealous of. :p

Originally posted by Benny Blanco
Isn't that a Symphonic 4 head with dolby 1.0 surround sound??? WOOT!!1!!11oneoneone...

Nope, its gotta be 2 head cuz it mono. I'm pretty sure. Killer rig.

Originally posted by stuman
am i being stupid, what do u mean ?!?

Just a suggestion that you take the picture facing the desk thats just my preference, dont go off its just my idea.:D

i'm gonna take a moment to laugh at the fact that people were saying that this thread would die and the original would prevail about two months ago... hahaha.

Originally posted by kill_emma
i'm gonna take a moment to laugh at the fact that people were saying that this thread would die and the original would prevail about two months ago... hahaha.

the original hasnt died yet, has it?

All i have is a crappy Webcam, i'm too poor for one of thoes digital dohickies. :(

I do however have enough for a computer upgrade, $488 order from newegg :D

dcd thats the NEC LCD1760v

Its an awesome lcd with 16ms. Used to be $400 but now its gone up to about $485

trust me battleangel, it's the same desk, and particle board is real wood, the same way mcnuggets are chicken.

it's real wood, no lie, it's just not a solid piece of wood, think about how huge the tree would have to be to give you some of those pieces, if it were real solid wood, no way would it sell for less than about 5 grand.

Mine broke quite easily, it got a nice fat crack along the L piece that runs down the right side, the second one started to do the same thing, I had to turn the 400 sideways to get it to not start cracking.

when they come dissasembled, they are quite heavy, even my Sauder book stand weighed in at 54 pounds un-assembled, but it's the same cheap particle board as everything else sauder makes, that's how they can sell everything so cheap. It's expensive because it's big and has glass, and 800 dollars isn't even close to expensive in the big picture, in fact, my office chair was that much.

/edit, because I got my left and right confuzzled

Originally posted by Sugarbear_SID
It's expensive because it's big and has glass, and 800 dollars isn't even close to expensive in the big picture, in fact, my office chair was that much.

/edit, because I got my left and right confuzzled

Ok, stop right there.

What in god's name makes your chair worth $800US?

Unless its gold plated, with the rare'est wood, and has embroidered designs interlaced with diamonds.......... i can't see how you can pay 800$ for a chair, without getting totally riped off.........

Got any close up pics? I just must see what a $800+ chair looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s., if your happy, that's all that matters ^_^

-----------------------------

Office star:
chair1.jpg
chair2.jpg

$130US !!! (well, $136.5 with tax). Solid oak wood. 100% genuine leather, Pneumatic seat height adjustment, Adjustable tilt tension control, Tilt lock.

How much more money do you have to spend to get a good chair?

Originally posted by Furacon
Here's mine from Brazil

Bancada.jpg

[/IMG]

I like how you have a bottle of Vidal Sasoon (hair spray/gel) so you can look good for the webcam ladies :D

Oh and don't disrespect the other thread, it is as someone said, epic! I have never seen a thread going like it has and imagine the pictures from the early pages are still valid after 3 years ! :eek:

props!

ok ok, a real lepeard skin chair, i can see spending over 1000$ for.

But, like i said, i still want to see what his 800$ chair looks like.

Hey Zach, what's the device hanging next to the monitor? Is it a calibrator for the monitor?

Originally posted by a ronin
Hey Zach, what's the device hanging next to the monitor? Is it a calibrator for the monitor?

Nope. It is the transmitter for my wireless keyboard and mouse. I couldn't find a good place to put it where the lights would be readable (no lights on the keyboard), so I just put it there today.

Originally posted by Misfitted_Mecha
hey zach, whats the make and model of that red, yellow and green guitar? and props on the cheezits box :D

The cheez-its are now gone :)

That guitar is just one of the lower-end Yamahas, but it has been sanded and repainted, and many of the parts have been upgraded (pickups ect). The nice one of the two is the white/gold/pearl Ibanez Talman

And no, nothing even close to a Les Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back