• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2 X 6800 Ultra SLi Problems

JadeDM

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
291
Hello ALL,

I just got 2 BFG 6800 Ultra OC's and configured everything according to my asus a8n sli deluxe manual. I put the ez plug in and switched the selector card to dual video cards, along with putting on the ez selector plug. I went to bios and made sure everything was ok. So when i go into windows, either it just freezes when windows is loading, although i can still hear the harddrive doing its normal boot, just not displaying anything but the windows loading screen, or the monitor just goes into idle while the computer is still booting? anyone know what this is or had this problem. I have an asus a8n sli deluxe. Is this because I'm only running 1 molex to each 6 pin to molex pci-e adaptor on each card? please help!
 
well i would think it has to have 2 molex connections for a certain reason.. and its harmless to try....
 
You need to have 2 molexes connected to the adaptors, which means you need 4 molex plugs available both cards.
 
Nothing like droppin near a grand ( $1,000 ) on video cards only to have them ....... not work.


I dropped 1200 on 2 7800's and let me tell you ... I was scared setting everything up.

In the end, worked without a hitch. SLI is not an automatic turn on however, even with a fresh install, you have to turn them on in the control panel.
 
AznAnarchy99 said:
well i would think it has to have 2 molex connections for a certain reason.. and its harmless to try....

Heh sarcasm at its finest :)

Yes you need ALL 4 of them plugged in, thats what they're for.
 
Back
Top