Hello Everyone,
I just recently built my computer about 2 months. Everything was working great, until maybe about 2 weeks ago i started getting some problems. This happened about 3 times,i would turn on my computer, and the screen would show multiple thin vertical color lines . I would turn it off, and then the computer would boot normally. Nothing else was going wrong, until yesterday. I turned on my computer in the morning used it with no problems,shut it down.get back home at night, try to turn it on, nothing happens. I turn turn the power supply switch off,then back on. I have an ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3, and when the power switch in the PSU is on, a light turns on in the motherboard, well this light wasn't going on. So my first thought is that the power supply is not working. Later that for the hell of it, i try to turn on the computer, and it does. Everything seems to be working fine, but the computer shuts off with no warning after 5 minutes. I get my computer, take it all apart, put new thermal compound on. Put everything back together. Still no luck, the same thing happens. Sometimes the computer will turn on, sometimes not. and if it does, it doesn't last more than 5 minutes on.
This is what i have
-ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3 AMD 780L Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
-G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3
-OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply
-Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
-AMD PHENOM II X4 925 2.8 GHz 95W AM3
-Razer Barracuda AC-1
-BFG 8800gt
-Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

any help is greatly appriciated. THANK YOU!
I just recently built my computer about 2 months. Everything was working great, until maybe about 2 weeks ago i started getting some problems. This happened about 3 times,i would turn on my computer, and the screen would show multiple thin vertical color lines . I would turn it off, and then the computer would boot normally. Nothing else was going wrong, until yesterday. I turned on my computer in the morning used it with no problems,shut it down.get back home at night, try to turn it on, nothing happens. I turn turn the power supply switch off,then back on. I have an ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3, and when the power switch in the PSU is on, a light turns on in the motherboard, well this light wasn't going on. So my first thought is that the power supply is not working. Later that for the hell of it, i try to turn on the computer, and it does. Everything seems to be working fine, but the computer shuts off with no warning after 5 minutes. I get my computer, take it all apart, put new thermal compound on. Put everything back together. Still no luck, the same thing happens. Sometimes the computer will turn on, sometimes not. and if it does, it doesn't last more than 5 minutes on.
This is what i have
-ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3 AMD 780L Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
-G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3
-OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply
-Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
-AMD PHENOM II X4 925 2.8 GHz 95W AM3
-Razer Barracuda AC-1
-BFG 8800gt
-Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
any help is greatly appriciated. THANK YOU!