• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2' HDMI Cable Only $934.99

I would love to see the sales figures on these. And the people who are fucking dumb enough to buy it , then I would like to sell them a bridge I made in my backyard out of HDMI cables ..:D
 
I don't see the problem with paying $935 for a 2' rope of diamonds, seems like a good deal to me.
 
Wow...way old Steve. Have you not seen this just being a geek on the internet?
 
best review:

This HDMI cable is beyond words. I have a 27" 720p Westinghouse, but with this cable I get the visual clarity of a 65" 1080p Bravia. I'm pretty sure the cable bumped up my refresh rate to 240hz because my TV now looks more real than real life. For a couple hundred bucks more I could have gotten the 65.6' cable from AudioQuest, but that's a joke compared to this beauty of a 2 footer. Who needs more than 2 feet anyways? It's not like anyone keeps their PS3/BluRay player that far fom their TV.

Immediately upon it's arrival, I watched "Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2," my favorite movie ever, and nearly fell off my couch with the astonishing detail of the babies faces. The black levels on this are so intense they suck all the light in my house into themselves, and the whites and colors are so vivid that I can't handle watching my TV for more than 16 hours lest my eyes burn away.

I've heard about people being cheap and buying HDMI cables in the range of $10-$20, and every single one of them that I know has been severely disappointed with the sub-par quality. If you're a cinefile and audiophile, don't settle for less. Buy something that's going to last you and make all your friends envy your high quality picture and sound. $935 really isn't all that much to spend for a cable. Think about it, you could get a laptop, a PS3, and 10 BluRays with that money or you could get the most incredible cable you've ever experienced to make all those things pop out of your TV and speakers immersing you in an escape from reality worthy of a Holodeck. Support Best Buy by buying this cable so that this retailer is around forever to fairly and with our best interests in mind aid us all in our computer issues and retail purchasing!
 
Posted by: bgomski from on 08/23/2012I bought this cable for my 17" bedroom tv on the 36 months no interest offer from Best Buy and WOW! its like Im watching HD for the first time. This cable actually reprograms your TV to 4k resolution and creates a glasses free 3D image. A must buy!

LMAO
 
LOL! The quoted reviews are hilarious. I had to put my drink down so I didn't spit it out.
 
...umm... wow...

I don't know what to say... Some of those reviews are just comedy gold. I especially thought I was about to squirt soda out of my nose on the one Rahh linked.
 
That is actually one of AudioQuest's cheaper cables.

To prove that this is not a pricing error :
http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-K2...TF8&qid=1345839454&sr=8-4&keywords=audioquest

They've apparently been in business for decades. Never underestimate the stupidity of rich people.

I figured I could be the voice of reason among the dozens of "joke" reviews that have been written for this product, considering this is actually a quality set of speaker cables that deserve a fair evaluation. I bought these a few months ago and have really appreciated the quality and performance they deliver - it was only when I came here and read the other views that I was disgusted by how people don't take the Amazon review system seriously. There really needs to be some moderation on these things, because some of the things that have been written are clearly libel and vandalism spouted from the mouths of people who have not bought the product and bawk at it's high-end price tag.

For those of you who are talking about these cables granting "god-like powers", "summoning evil spirits", or "making your genitals organs several times larger" - grow up. You guys should behave like adults instead of wasting your hours misleading people here on Amazon. Have you got nothing better to do with your free time?

The AudioQuest K2 Terminated Speaker Cable is clearly not capable of supernatural feats or does not come with a small car or white slave baby included in the packaging. We all know you think you're funny, and that everybody is just pissing their pants with laughter at all the reviews that you guys post up in this fashion, but it's a tired old joke that nobody wants to read about anymore, so knock it off.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a rant about people's despicable behavior on the internet, onto the review -

I purchased the AudioQuest K2 terminated speaker cable a while back, and couldn't be more pleased. The sturdy construction of the cables was exactly what I was looking for to use in my auto-asphyxiation sexcapade rituals, as I continue my downward spiral towards an unending pit of eternal despair and self loathing. The velvety touch of the cable's outer casing truly provides an indescribable feeling of sensory pleasure to accompany the thoughts of farm animals caught in sexually compromising situations. I am also a big fan of the Dual Star-Quad Geometry, as I sit and ponder the smell of geometric shapes after snorting a line or two of coke off a Thai hooker's posterior. Oh, did I mention I live in Bangkok? Delivery was FAST. Quite impressed with that.

Anyway, overall, the product is really a fine example of craftsmanship. I've not even plugged them into a sound system yet, as I have them firmly wrapped around my testicles at the moment in an effort to keep my own sperm from impregnating my brain and taking over my mind. So far, so good - I can't speak enough about the reliability of these cables. As soon as I can break into one of the local electronic stores, I'll try it out and let you guys know what I think. I've got good vibes about it though.

Would highly recommend. Don't listen to the haters.

This one is hilarious!
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh, get this - take a look at the actual Best Buy website and look at the reviews:

bgomski dubbed it a "Great cable for the Price" (I suppose it will do if you want quality but have to save up to start that Space Program). Note also that he bought it for his 17" TV in his bedroom. Um... dude. If you're going to drop $900+ on a cable, splurge for the 22".

AVGregS received the cable as a graduation present from his grandfather.

But, my favorite review, is this one:

"I bought 24 (!!!!!) of these to connect all my components for my media center, plus a few extra "just in case". These 2ft long cables are a steal at this price, from Best Buy. You won't find a cable this good any cheaper!

"Definitely recommended, even for budget system builders!"

Oh, come on...
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
These cables are made from Tiger Blood mixed with Angel Tears and forged in Lava from Mt Doom.
The picture and sounds that come from these cables make Blind/Deaf People Cry.
 
That is actually one of AudioQuest's cheaper cables.

To prove that this is not a pricing error :
http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-K2...TF8&qid=1345839454&sr=8-4&keywords=audioquest

They've apparently been in business for decades. Never underestimate the stupidity of rich people.

My Fav amazon review so far hahaha. Some of them are great...

If only Heracles had such power! March 19, 2009
By Valannin
If there is one cable I would whole-heartedly trust to my Chimera-hunting needs, this would be the cable. No other cable has the tensile strength to properly and efficiently garrote a lycanthrope, asphyxiate an Esquilax or even gag a mermaid. Last week, using my trusty AudioQuest K2 (retrofitted with lead weights, bright orange latex paint and a generous coating of crushed glass stolen from the window of an abandoned church at midnight), I managed to snuff 3 golden unicorns in swift succession!

Pros: Quickly tears through scales, fur, bone, and adamantium with ease
Coils and uncoils from hip holster (optional) quickly and quietly
For a product fabricated from 1,000 Onyx Dragon fetuses, the price is unbelievably reasonable!

Cons: Shipping from the R'lyeh took far too long
Doesn't come in 10' lengths (which would be perfect for hydra, cerberii and other multi-headed creatures)
After every use, I can feel 6 ounces of my soul slipping from my core into the ether. But this may be due to the fact that I prefer to work without gloves. YMMV.

Overall, I would recommend that any hunter buy one, nay, two, of these immediately, and experience the difference that upgrading to the K2 will make in your next quest!
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I could have sworn they had a $10k cable somewhere...

There are. I saw them in an Audiophile or Home Theater magazine somewhere. Wood look to the ends. Perhaps those were just the RCA audio cables? Either way, they are seriously loco for that shit.
 
I remember an extremely expensive HDMI cable from Audioquest on Best Buy a year or so back. It was a longer cable and had a shit ton of reviews (hilarious!). This is a different cable, but same idea.
 
A must have if you like to watch pr0n. makes you feel like you are on the set with the "actors" especially if they are doing anal - getting screwed in the ass
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon review

"Having escaped the Borg collective, I ripped the prototypes of these Audioquest K2 cables from my living tissues. I found these cables had almost infinite conductivity, I tried to measure the inverse of this but testing such low Resistance Is Futile."
 
Amazon review

"Having escaped the Borg collective, I ripped the prototypes of these Audioquest K2 cables from my living tissues. I found these cables had almost infinite conductivity, I tried to measure the inverse of this but testing such low Resistance Is Futile."

LOL! These reviews are hillarious. I'm in for 500 :) cuz they are obviously amazing.
 
The reviews of these criminally overpriced AudioQuest cables are hilarious.
While some are written in jest, others are serious. One guy dropped over a grand on a 65ft cable so he wouldn’t have to move his PS3 between rooms.
Another brags about his technical prowess for picking up this super-conductive cable to prevent ghosting.
What saddens me most is that most of these idiots are voters. :eek:
 
As a so called audiophile I have some pretty pricey cables in my system and I can say they do make some (not huge) difference. With higher quality digital cables you have a lower error rate and theoretically could have better picture/sound... Yes this cable is overkill and is probably pointlessly made of silver... no I would never buy it.

I defense of the high end audio world... getting people that haven't experienced first hand to understand the sometimes obscene pricing is like trying to explain or show to your grandmother why one AA method is better than other, most people don't perceive a difference unless you examine it closely, however, once you prefer one method over another you will immediately notice when it is not set to your preference. High end audio is no different... does a $30,000 Krell separate stack sound better than a Yamaha... yes... does the yamaha play music just fine... sure does! Will most people ever notice? Nope... Does it make you happy? that's for you to decide :)
 
Amazon review

"Having escaped the Borg collective, I ripped the prototypes of these Audioquest K2 cables from my living tissues. I found these cables had almost infinite conductivity, I tried to measure the inverse of this but testing such low Resistance Is Futile."

I see what you did there!
 
Back
Top