2 * 8GB ddr3 = 16GB for $259.99 - $60 MIR = $199.99

Did you guys miss the fact that it is only two sticks to make 16GB instead of four? This is by far the cheapest I've seen these yet..

I've seen others kit $200, but right now it's much easier to get 4x4gb for under $100, so unless you're desperate for 32GB, this isn't very useful

People who need these know they do. It is a hot deal for them. :D

I've seen others kit $200, but right now it's much easier to get 4x4gb for under $100, so unless you're desperate for 32GB, this isn't very useful

if you must have 32GB then it'd be better to wait for 2011 to hit. If you need more then 32GB then this deal is hot, but you'll still have to wait till 2011 anyway.

if you must have 32GB then it'd be better to wait for 2011 to hit. If you need more then 32GB then this deal is hot, but you'll still have to wait till 2011 anyway.
Maybe in 2011 we'll see $400+ tablets go on sale for $99!

wow certain people in this thread are full of fail.

ot: it's pretty good deal. take it or leave it

It's also good for people who have ITX boards and only 2 slots. I'm fine with 8gb though.

I think this highly depends on if you need a system upgrade.

My VM server with an AM3 965 has only about 4G free with 4 * 4GB. It's probably better to drop in 8G sticks than start up an additional server.

I believe that the LGA 2011 reference was about the base speed of the memory needed (1600 vs 1333).

Christ, 2011 was mentioned because LGA2011 supports quad-core memory meaning up to 8 slots

My system likely won't ever need 32GB, but I could definitely see myself using 24GB. I won't be there til probably middle of next year, but by that time, hopefully these will be closer to $70/stick.

Eh, touche. At least I was closer than guessing someone is talking about a tablet or the current year :doh:

Back