Hey guys, I realize this subject is a little beaten to death but I was hoping to get some opinions on a few things.
I would like to pick up a nice 2.0 set of speakers for my apartment. I will use them almost exclusively for music. I listen to a mixture of both rock and hip hop. My soundcard is a Chaintech AV710 and I don't really plan on needing/being able to pick up a subwoofer for a while.
Im hoping to spend less than $200 on this and I've noticed that there are some nice deals out there for some highly regarded sets on this forum that I'm considering:
Swan DK1080MKii ~$125
Swan M200MKii ~$189
Audioengine A2 ~$149
M-Audio AV40 ~$134
I don't really care for booming annoying bass but I am a bit concerned with the consequences of not having a subwoofer in terms of bass response since I do listen to a significant amount of hip hop. Anybody have any opinions or recommendations given the price range? How do these speakers compare to each other and are the price differences justified mainly between Mk200 and the other 3? Thanks for any input
I would like to pick up a nice 2.0 set of speakers for my apartment. I will use them almost exclusively for music. I listen to a mixture of both rock and hip hop. My soundcard is a Chaintech AV710 and I don't really plan on needing/being able to pick up a subwoofer for a while.
Im hoping to spend less than $200 on this and I've noticed that there are some nice deals out there for some highly regarded sets on this forum that I'm considering:
Swan DK1080MKii ~$125
Swan M200MKii ~$189
Audioengine A2 ~$149
M-Audio AV40 ~$134
I don't really care for booming annoying bass but I am a bit concerned with the consequences of not having a subwoofer in terms of bass response since I do listen to a significant amount of hip hop. Anybody have any opinions or recommendations given the price range? How do these speakers compare to each other and are the price differences justified mainly between Mk200 and the other 3? Thanks for any input