• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1ft USB Cable 2.0/3.0 Extensions?

Krenum

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
19,197
Hey folks, I am having a hell of a time finding USB extension cables with this type of head on them,

White-Ultra-Slim-USB-3-0-A-Male-to-A-Female-Extension-Cable-with-Gold-Plated.jpg


Does anyone know where I can find them. I really need a cable with this type of *plastic shell* it to complete a project that I have been working on for the past two months.

Thanks
 
Last edited:

Thanks, but those won't work, the plastic shell is too long, I'm dealing with limited space, basically I have a backplate that's going to be holding them in place, the backplate has cut outs that fit over the cable.

I'm sorry I should have been more specific.

I need cables with a small head on them Like the ones in the picture.

I can't seem to find them anywhere, I searched through thousands of them.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, I thought about these, but with the cable being flat, it wouldn't fit on the backplate. I'm dealing with about a foot of space.

Here's what I'm doing, it's built, minus the cables

 
FPV usb cable might work if you don't need the housing... but I see what you mean about the flat cable. You might need to cut and splice your own ends. I have some short panel mount usb extentions I used for my RetroPie build.. would these work? Just cut off the nibs
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, Im just about ready to start breaking out the power tools. Thank you for the suggestions.
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top