19 HannsG LCD for $110 AR

FWIW I bought mine in August (the first time the deal was offered) and received my rebate check three weeks after submitting the paperwork. I was quite pleased.

sounds like another rip off.. they probably gave the rebate fast first couple of moths to bait more people into buying the monitor..the rebate website said to call some other company, but I called the Wintergreen system, not only did they not answer the call but their voicemail said it was full. i 'll try to stay away from rebates from now on..They 'll just change the brand name from Hanss-g to some other crap and keep messing with people...

We actually have two Hanns G monitors, one I bought from Newegg and the one I bought from PC Connection with the rebate. From the research I did prior to my first purchase (the one from Newegg), and from my experience with the monitors I bought Hanns G makes a good product. I have no idea what has happened to their rebate process, but it sounds like it's something to stay away from.

Man, I saw the thread and was going to caution people to be warry of the rebate, only to notice the dates and realize the damage was already done.

You guys need to read the Woot thread about the same monitor and the same rebate, starting with the Woot Rep's comments:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=830725&PageIndex=23&ReplyCount=994#post1102584

It looks like the company that is backing the rebate has no money, and a history of doing rebates that never pan out. They've already been slapped on the wrist by the AG of their state for not following through with a separate rebate.

I got my $100 rebate check about a week ago. :D

I did submit a query via email about month or so ago about my rebate status. My status on the web site was processed (i.e. looked like it was supposed to be complete) but there was no date or check number listed like there usually is on rebate status sites after a payment check has actually been cut.

Might be one of those "Only The Squeeky Wheels Get The Grease" situations that shady rebate deals seem to utilize more and more.

sounds like another rip off.. they probably gave the rebate fast first couple of moths to bait more people into buying the monitor..the rebate website said to call some other company, but I called the Wintergreen system, not only did they not answer the call but their voicemail said it was full. i 'll try to stay away from rebates from now on..They 'll just change the brand name from Hanss-g to some other crap and keep messing with people...

they changed rebate houses between the first batch and subsequent ones.

I called for the what seems like 10th time today about never receiving the $100 rebate and they credited the $100 directly to my credit card. So if you are still waiting definitely give them a call.

I believe Wintergreen is probably out of business.

However...

I received 3 days ago a check from OFFICE DEPOT apologizing for the fact that wintergreen had "not fulfilled their agreement" the envelope included an apology, a $10 of $50 coupon, and a $5 gift card, + the $100 rebate.

You may want to contact OFFICE DEPOT and see about this, if you got yours there.

Hanns-G won't change. the rebate scam will just switch over to acer, or sceptre or something.

Hanns-G is a product of hannstar, which is a very rapidly growing manufacturer.

for those who care, i got 100$ credited back to my cc by pc connection after emailing them about the situation. This happened a good 3-4 weeks ago.

I'm in this also.... I bought this monitor for my wife in January. Got the first $20 rebate but never got the $100 one. Now in the middle of may I finally get a postcard from Wintergreen stating that the serial number was missing or invalid and I have to resubmit. Bullshit - I've got copies of everything. Anyhow after reading around some, decided to give PC Connection a call. Nice lady answered asked if she could help me (turn out she knew who I was due to caller ID). Said I'm having a problem with a rebate and could she help me? She immediately said "Hanns G Monitor right?" - Yep. She apologized for the problems and said I'd have a $100 credit back on my card ending in XXXX within 24 hours directly from PC Connection.

Wonder if I should still resubmit the stuff through Wintergreen and maybe double up on those shitheads? ;) Nah - I'm not a scammer like them. Anyhow as already mentioned - if you bought one of these and never got your rebate call the place you bought it from. Apparently this was offered through several outlets and most all are making good on the rebate themselves.

really kind of makes you feel a little bad for the retailers. glad i bought my monitor before rebates were being dealt with my wintergreen. that said, i had a headache too, but nothing persistent emails didn't fix. monitor is really decent. wish it was a higher resolution, but it's good for what it is. everytime i go from my hanns to my laptop, i feel like my pupils shrank all the way. so dim!!

really kind of makes you feel a little bad for the retailers. glad i bought my monitor before rebates were being dealt with my wintergreen. that said, i had a headache too, but nothing persistent emails didn't fix. monitor is really decent. wish it was a higher resolution, but it's good for what it is. everytime i go from my hanns to my laptop, i feel like my pupils shrank all the way. so dim!!

dont feel bad for PC connection etc, let them get pissed off and go after the wintergreen guys, they have money for lawyers and stuff. Obviously people like you and me dont. I got my screen from buy.com, all my emails to them were answered -we are working on it..which to me means forget about it. Did anybody ever get their money back from buy.com? In my opinion buy.com should refund all the buyers and then sue wintergreen, dont pass it down to buyers.

buy.com doesnt even have a phone number listed anywhere, all communication is supposed to be through email? , which they easily ignore? not happy..

GOT A $100 REFUND FROM BUY.COM !!!
buy.com

Thank you for shopping at Buy.com.

We strive for your complete satisfaction.
Therefore, we have refunded your order #29745507 in the amount of $100.

Please allow your financial institution one to three business days to
process your refund.

If you have any questions, please visit customer support at
https://secure.buy.com/corp/support.

Thank you again for shopping with us. We look forward to serving
you in the future.

Sincerely,

Buy.com
http://www.buy.com

Back