19 HannsG LCD for $110 AR

I hope so...I'd like to buy 2 more! I just received mine today and I'm amazed at what $99.95 shipped AR got me.

Me too. I ordered one for my girlfriend. What a nice monitor for the price. I wanted to pick up another using my parents address.

not a bad monitor. picture quality is great. pixels get stuck left and right though. i end up flicking the screen a few times a day

HQRebate says my rebate has been processed and is waiting to be mailed. Should get it soon.

Have you checked yours online?

annerving - mine also is not showing up. Though i did find two from way back when when i use the short version of my name. Nonetheless, i have not forgotten. I will be one angry r00k if the rebates don't show up within a slightly reasonable time.

r00k said:
annerving - mine also is not showing up. Though i did find two from way back when when i use the short version of my name. Nonetheless, i have not forgotten. I will be one angry r00k if the rebates don't show up within a slightly reasonable time.
ditto I found some old rebates as well

Time for an update. When I entered my email address to look up my account at onrebate, it didn't list the hanns g rebate. However, I finally went back to loaded up the pdf that I made of the rebate form and pasted in the tracking number. Then it said it was approved in aug30 but that the payment option of paypal was denied and I needed to change it to check. So I did that and now it's saying being sent 1st class 8-10 weeks. :)

damn it, I filled out the rebate form online at HQRebates.com on Sep.20th and sent in my documents Setp.21. I triple check to make sure everything was correct. Online status said to give it three weeks to update. It's been over a month now and status page show documents still not receive. WTF. Should I be worry? I don't know much about hqrebates so i can't come to any conclusion? Any recommendations or # I could call?

got mine today! veri nice! i like! so small and light. i'm so happy to get my old 21" CRT off my desk, the screen is about the same size anyway, and so much more free room! i'll worry about the rebate tomorrow.

tvdang7 said:
how did this deal go for the previous ppl that bought it?
i bought the wide screen version of this monitor for my fiance, all in all its a sleek monitor, mine had 1 dead pixel but besides that no complaints.

ok, so where do i get the rebate form if i bought this display from buy.com?
and what's this talk about $120 rebate now?

11-05

Dear XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We have received your rebate submission for $100 PC Connection, Mac
Connection and Gov Connection Hanns-G 19" LCD Monitors Rebate.

Your rebate tracking number is: XXXXXXXXXX

To check your rebate status just click on
http://app.parago.com/promocenter/rebateshq/trackdetails.html?track_number=XXXXXXXXX

Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future
reference.

Thank you for your purchase. We look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,
Your Rebate Center

December 1, 2006. My rebate status is still "Your rebate has been entered and is scheduled for final processing."

Send them an email and see what's up. Mine kept getting stuck at sending paypal and being rejected for some reason. I sent them two emails but never got a reply. However, a few days after my second email, the paypal went through.

Got the first of two rebates. Marked with a date of december 11. unfortunately, it was only the $20 one. Hope they cough up the $100 one soon.

Sad part is, i don't even use this monitor anymore, now that i have the dual 22" westies.

how did this deal go for the previous ppl that bought it?

I got one and it died in less than 2 months, HannsG makes me pay 21 dollars to ship it back to them in Cali, then wait 45+ days for them to repair it instead of giving me a new one.

So i'm still patiently waiting for my monitor to return, I reckon I got another month till I see it again.

wow only two months and it died? that's not good, i've been eyeing this monitor for a while too, because i'm looking for an inexpensive monitor.

Anyone else have similar issues?

I got 3, 2 widescreens that were on sale, and 1 regular 19" that was on sale.

my widescreen failed, my dads widescreen still works fine after a month or so, and i'm using my mothers 19" regular right now.

EDIT: Btw... the monitors issue was that it only showed a white screen, even if not plugged into the PC. Just a plain jane white as light screen 24/7. I don't really mind that it broke so much as the fact that HannsG makes me pay 20+ dollars to ship the damn thing and then makes me wait 30-45 days so it can get "repaired" instead of sending me a replacement and then repairing the monitor for sale as a refurbished or something.

i love the lcd, its still working flawlessly, but i'm still waiting on my $100 rebate :(

Ive bought mine back in October and my DVI input started acting up about a week ago. It will randomly just stop working (it might just be the cheap cable) so I just use the regular vga connection for now. I also called them about the $100 rebate last week as well and the woman told me that they were going to be sending another mass batch of them out last thrusday.

I like my lcd a lot too and am thinking of getting another. Reliabilitywise, yeah I'm a little worried. Within the first few days, I started getting stuck pixels. They still show up randomly, but all it takes so far is a gentle tap at the area and it fixes.

I never had a problem with stuck pixels, but my monitor (the one being repaired atm) had a REALLY CRAPPY screen where even just lightly brushing it with the back of your hand will leave a big ugly scuff mark across it. It was hard as hell to clean, always streaking. I've never had any other LCD monitor scuff so easily, get dirty so easily, and be so hard to clean.

For me, it's the last HannsG i'll ever buy. But hey, the picture quality was great atleast for me.

Has anyone received the $100 rebate yet on their monitor? Its been almost 5 months for me and nothing.

I was having issues with it failing to goto the paypal account for whatever reason. I retried a few times but it never worked. I ended up sending around 3-4 emails to rebatehq or whoever the rebate house was. I never received any replies, but the money magically made it to my paypal soon after.

EDIT: Btw... the monitors issue was that it only showed a white screen, even if not plugged into the PC. Just a plain jane white as light screen 24/7. I don't really mind that it broke so much as the fact that HannsG makes me pay 20+ dollars to ship the damn thing and then makes me wait 30-45 days so it can get "repaired" instead of sending me a replacement and then repairing the monitor for sale as a refurbished or something.

I think your expectation of not needing depot service is unrealistic. Buy a dell laptop. If you didn't get onsite service, you'll have to send it back to the depot, too.

Be happy you don't have a westy 37" lcd.. If it breaks, I have to ship it back to them.

me and you both
i bought mines back in october and still havent received it yet

Here are my notes on this rebate

Item purchase date : 11/09/2006
purchase price : $229.99 ($129.99 after rebate)
Rebate amount : $100
Item description: hanns-G HC-194D digital/analog monitor

Rebate processing company :
http://www.rebateshq.com/
1-888-295-7758
19" LCD Monitor $100 Rebate
Department #06-57689
P.O. BOX 540009
El Paso, TX, 88554-0009

item received from seller on : 11/16/2006
rebate form completely printed and mailed on : 11/27/2006

Rebate "acceptance" tracking number : 213642xxx
Received email on 12/19/2006 confirming receipt of rebate.
http://app.parago.com/promocenter/rebateshq/trackdetails.html?track_number=213642xxx
Your rebate has been entered and is scheduled for final processing

Do any of you have your acceptance #?
if so, you can just go to the link (but use your own #)
I received an email on 12/19 that it's been accepted and scheduled for final processing, but, the actual RECEIPT of the check can be whenever.
As per the rebate form

Allow at least 10 weeks for processing

10 weeks from 12/19 (on my calender) is February 27th.

My suggestion is, if you have received a confirmation, then you should do the math
If you haven't received a confirmation from them by now that your rebate has been received........
You may want to call them

"Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing."

mines ses the same thing
who are we going to call?

"Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing."

mines ses the same thing
who are we going to call?

When did you get this message?
I.e. what is the date that the status says that

Is it before december 8th?

If not, you aren't going to call ANYONE, since it says WAIT 10 WEEKS

If it is.. then, call the number on the rebate form you saved a copy of. I mean, you did save a copy, right?

I personally believe 95% of invalidated rebates are because the filers don't follow directions, and don't follow up.

I have a scan of the original receipt, the rebate form, and a letter keeping track of WHEN I sent it out, when i Received the item, the terms of the rebate, etc..

To : “REBATESHQ” For : 19" LCD Monitor $100 Rebate Department #06-57689

According to your rebate terms, there is a limit of one rebate award of $100 on the purchase of this item,
HANNS-G HC-194D digital/analog monitor, (MODEL HC194D) I have purchased one of these LCDs from OFFICEDEPOT/TECHDEPOT. I am including the receipt, the UPC, and the rebate form, this letter, all in one envelope. My OFFICEDEPOT.com invoice, order # XXXXX, is dated November 09, 2006, which DOES fall between the November 1st, 2006 and November 30th, 2006 Deadline.
(November 30th hasn’t arrived yet, as of the time of my writing this letter!)

My contact information (which is on the rebate form, and invoice, but in case you say it can’t be read) is:

Name : _________________
Address : ______________
email : __________________
home phone : _____________

This MATCHES perfectly the contact information on my invoice, as well. Additionally, this item “must be postmarked by 12/30/2006” I am mailing this item on November 27th, 2006. That is 18 days from the date of purchase, but only 11 days from my date of receipt of the item (got it on Friday, 10/16/2006). This is over a MONTH prior to the 12/30/2006 deadline

Finally, I am scanning a copy of the attached UPC/SKU code from the packaging showing them stapled to the rebate forms. I have pre-registered this rebate, with tracking # xxxxx. I expect, a rebate in the form of $100.00 check

As you can probably tell, I keep a log of ALL transactions, and have had much experience with rebate companies such as yourself. EVERYTHING is documented, including the purchase dates, shipping dates, product numbers, et. al.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxx
xx/xx/xxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Hanns-g 19" LCD HC194D Invoice Required ............. Invoice is included, in this envelope
Hanns-g 19" LCD HC194D Order Number............. Order # is xxxxxx
Hanns-g 19" LCD HC194D Original Serial Number............. SERIAL # IS xxxxxxxxxxx
Hanns-g 19" LCD HC194D Original UPC............. UPC Included in envelope
Hanns-g 19" LCD HC194D Postmark Date............. Postmark Date : 11/27/2006
Hanns-g 19" LCD HC194D Purchase Date............. Purchase Date : 11/09/2006
Hanns-g 19" LCD HC194D Purchase Location............. Purchase Location : Officedepot.com/”Techdepot”

You should include a letter like this in every rebate.

THe # for RebatesHQ is

1-888-295-7758

Funny thing is.. I already sold that monitor for $150, USED.

I like my lcd a lot too and am thinking of getting another. Reliabilitywise, yeah I'm a little worried. Within the first few days, I started getting stuck pixels. They still show up randomly, but all it takes so far is a gentle tap at the area and it fixes.

Try this on the stuck pixels:

- Turn on the monitor and hover you finger over where the stuck pixel is.
- Turn off the monitor completely.
- Apply light pressure to where you are hovering your finger. I would say the amount of force you push to use the remote. Pushing too much force will damage the LCD and too light will do nothing.
- Keeping the pressure on the area still, turn on the monitor. Once the monitor is fully on, remove your finger.

Hopefully it will have fixed it. I had a stuck pixel on one of my monitors too and I would do the tapping thing and it would only fix it for like a few hours. But the above method has fixed it totally. It's been months and the stuck pixel has never shown once.

Try this on the stuck pixels:

- Turn on the monitor and hover you finger over where the stuck pixel is.
- Turn off the monitor completely.
- Apply light pressure to where you are hovering your finger. I would say the amount of force you push to use the remote. Pushing too much force will damage the LCD and too light will do nothing.
- Keeping the pressure on the area still, turn on the monitor. Once the monitor is fully on, remove your finger.

Hopefully it will have fixed it. I had a stuck pixel on one of my monitors too and I would do the tapping thing and it would only fix it for like a few hours. But the above method has fixed it totally. It's been months and the stuck pixel has never shown once.

he said that he fixed by rubbing it, but that they show up randomly in different places. i've been having the same issue with my hanns but other than that it's fine. a good lcd otherwise

*bump*

Has anyone got their rebate yet??
just for the record , i think i got my monitor back in november, and still no rebate,,their website says my rebate is in the system but they dont have money coming from the company.. hope we didnt all get screwed by the HannsG company.. Looking back, i should have bought something more expensive but without a rebate..could have bought an Acer for 140 and now ended up paying $210 for this crap, not to mention had to spend half a day looking for rebate forms and emailing to customer support

I got this monitor back in September of last year for i think the same price. I waited for the rebate to arrive and the website has been saying its finalized. I emailed rebateshq and they said they would send it out in March. When march comes around the status changed to something about its not their fault but some company, Wintergreen systems isn't paying out their rebates and they cant do anything about it. I emailed wintergreen, rebateshq, and pcconnection ( where i bought it from) about the problem. Pc connection were the first to reply and they said they would credit me back the 100$

Thank you for your inquiry. Due to the nature of the issues you have
been experiencing with Wintergreen systems, we have been authorized to
issue you a credit for the rebate amount back onto your original credit
card. Please allow at least 10 business days for the credit to appear on
your account. If you have any questions regarding this process, please
reply to this email or call directly to our sales team at 1-800-800-2222
option 2 and have your order number handy.

Still waiting for it to show up but its only been 2 days. Its great service for them to credit me back and i wouldnt mind shopping there again.

I got this monitor back in September of last year for i think the same price. I waited for the rebate to arrive and the website has been saying its finalized. I emailed rebateshq and they said they would send it out in March. When march comes around the status changed to something about its not their fault but some company, Wintergreen systems isn't paying out their rebates and they cant do anything about it. I emailed wintergreen, rebateshq, and pcconnection ( where i bought it from) about the problem. Pc connection were the first to reply and they said they would credit me back the 100$
Still waiting for it to show up but its only been 2 days. Its great service for them to credit me back and i wouldnt mind shopping there again.

yeah, i get the same Wintergreen is not paying up message, i bought mine from buy.com i doubt they will give me credit though.. Did anybody ever get the rebate?

FWIW I bought mine in August (the first time the deal was offered) and received my rebate check three weeks after submitting the paperwork. I was quite pleased.

Back