18 years later, I still play Pokemon.

bloodhawke83

I Strike Fear into the Hearts of the Masses
:eek:

I just can't seem to put it down for good, still playing Black 2.

They simply haven't changed/innovated themselves much at all in the 7?8? generations, there is massive amounts of repetition that are only out classed in grindiness by Korean MMO's.

18yrs and no properly animated battles, barely 16bit quality 2d, the pokemon themselves have long past given up on being inventive/good (can't blame them really, hard to innovate when you're stuck with a 2-3 animation sprite).

Give me another pokemon snap, or egads, an actual 3d open world pokemon title. It should have happened 5yrs, or hell how about a story that isn't the usual trainers -> masters -> plot twist.

/shrug

They simply haven't changed/innovated themselves much at all in the 7?8? generations, there is massive amounts of repetition that are only out classed in grindiness by Korean MMO's.

18yrs and no properly animated battles, barely 16bit quality 2d, the pokemon themselves have long past given up on being inventive/good (can't blame them really, hard to innovate when you're stuck with a 2-3 animation sprite).

Give me another pokemon snap, or egads, an actual 3d open world pokemon title. It should have happened 5yrs, or hell how about a story that isn't the usual trainers -> masters -> plot twist.

/shrug

Pokèmon tends to be very conservative when it comes to adopting any kind of paradigm shift as a series. The use of 3D is actually a very recent development there, and Black/White2 is actually a bit of a major development for the whole franchise.

I am thinking of getting Black 2 to play it tbh. The last entry that I've played personally was Gold/Silver from more than a decade ago.

I only care for the older ones (Fire Red, Leaf Green etc). The new pokemons just look stupid IMO, bunch of random geometric shapes meh.

My dream is to still get a full 3D rendered console release that spans the entire time period of the universe and includes every character and Pokemon for you to discover. Integrate some online where you can run into other trainers playing the game concurrently and I probably would never come out of my house again. Nintendo could charge $200 for such a game and I'd still buy it.

My dream is to still get a full 3D rendered console release that spans the entire time period of the universe and includes every character and Pokemon for you to discover. Integrate some online where you can run into other trainers playing the game concurrently and I probably would never come out of my house again. Nintendo could charge $200 for such a game and I'd still buy it.

Pokémon online would be such an obvious thing to do for Game Freak. Imagine if you can level by walking around as well as grinding it out, and you can choose to deck out your character as well as your Pokémon... while doing epic legendary raid quests and so forth...

Pokèmon tends to be very conservative when it comes to adopting any kind of paradigm shift as a series. The use of 3D is actually a very recent development there, and Black/White2 is actually a bit of a major development for the whole franchise.

I am thinking of getting Black 2 to play it tbh. The last entry that I've played personally was Gold/Silver from more than a decade ago.

Blk/wht2 has 3rd in combat, some minor 3d walking around. I haven't seen X/Y yet.

The only Pokemon games I have played are Red/Blue, Yellow, and Snap. I feel old now just thinking about it.

Pokemon Snap is one of my favorite games of all time. I would buy a Wii U to get a new version of it!

I played Red/Blue back in middle school, and then nothing until recently when I got a 3DSXL and Pokemon Y. Have a lot of catching up to do since it seems like a lot has changed.

what are you guys talking about theres only 151 pokemon.....

still have the red/blue cartridges and still collect the first couple of series cards

OMG the TCG... LOVED it! I still have the original Water, Grass and Psychic starter decks around somewhere in the original packaging. Even my dad got into it back in the day.

OMG the TCG... LOVED it! I still have the original Water, Grass and Psychic starter decks around somewhere in the original packaging. Even my dad got into it back in the day.

some of the rares still go for 100.00+

This thread is making me want to grab that emulator and play some of the older Pokemon games on my phone and tablet.

Wasted so much time playing these years ago.

I mean Red and Blue are so nostaligc for me but you can't deny that X and Y are something special. The mechanics are essentially the same but that's what makes these games so great. I love the look and feel of the first three gens but I also love how much faster paced the newer generations are.

Back