160GB Serial Laptop Drive - $12.00 (Dell Error) (Dead Deal)

I was in for 5, got the confirmation and not cancellation yet. Are these drives propietary to this Dell laptop, or can they be used in any laptop?

They're 2.8 inch, so they are for this laptop only I think. Either way, people on ebay will pay almost full price for them.

I spoke with someone i know who works at dell as an engineer and he said it can be a bunch of different manufacturers but the ones he listed were Fujitsu and WD and that they dont really cost dell that much to begin with.

I just want to know if these drives are going to ONLY work in this specific Dell laptop, or can they be used in ANY Laptop?

Can anyone say Compaq memory. If anyone remembers that BS.

Maybe they were a bunch of 2.5" drives that got run over by a steam roller, making them 2.8"s.. thats why they are $12!

It will probably say "in production" until the shipping date comes, then everyone will get cancellation emails.

I ordered one for $12 and paid $16 for the 1 buisness day shipping. well it's monday and it has not shipped. Maybe I will call them in a bit to make sure I'm getting expedited shipping like I paid for.

I ordered one for $12 and paid $16 for the 1 buisness day shipping. well it's monday and it has not shipped. Maybe I will call them in a bit to make sure I'm getting expedited shipping like I paid for.

This is a common misconception;

You are Paying for a faster Shipping service, NOT a guarantee that the order will go faster through the companies processing and warehouse.

So in effect, you are not getting a guarantee that you get it in "1 day", but that they will use a "1 day" shipping service.

This is a common misconception;

You are Paying for a faster Shipping service, NOT a guarantee that the order will go faster through the companies processing and warehouse.

So in effect, you are not getting a guarantee that you get it in "1 day", but that they will use a "1 day" shipping service.

:( ...
Every time dell makes a pricing error a baby kitten dies.

Yes indeed. They will ship the item using next day but processing time varies with different vendors.

Wow, still no cancellation email. I'm starting to wonder if I'll actually be able to hawk hundreds of dollars worth of drives on eBay...

nah, there's no way in hell.

No cancellation email yet.. but the paypal payment didn't go through all the way either...

Oh Well,

Dear Dell Customer,

Thank you for your recent order.

We regret that a pricing error recently occurred for the 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive for XPS M1330. The price was mistakenly listed as $11.99, when the actual price is $115.99. As a result of the misprint, we are cancelling orders generated at the incorrect price.

As you know, we indicate on our web pages, catalogues, and advertising that Dell reserves the right to cancel orders arising from pricing and other errors.

We regret our pricing error, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Dell strives to make your experience with us a pleasant one. Please be assured that we are working hard to avoid similar issues.

We welcome you to visit our website at www.dell.com or call us at 1-800-999-3355 to place a new order at the correct price.

Thank you for choosing Dell.

lulz.

Dear Dell,

Thank you for canceling my order. If you didn't outsource all your work to foreign countries and foreign workers that can't distinguish between decimal places, you wouldn't run into the problem of upset customers quite as often. Due to your actions, I will never recommend a Dell product to anyone ever again, nor will I recommend them to our school district which is in dire need of a district wide technology upgrade. You put yourselves in this position. Thank you for your epic failure.

Kind regards,
wiretap

Did you really expect to get the hard drive $12? I saw this "deal" posted on at least 4 different sites and didn't bother because it was an obvious price mistake and had been around for awhile. I think the reaction is a little over the top given the circumstances.

To be honest, if this was newegg. They would either give us a credit or give it to us. I guess this is where dell and newegg are different.

I also love how they are like...

Remember... we can cancel at ANY TIME per our policy!:(

To be honest, if this was newegg. They would either give us a credit or give it to us. I guess this is where dell and newegg are different.

I also love how they are like...

Remember... we can cancel at ANY TIME per our policy!:(

If this were Newegg, the pricing error would have never have happened. I don't think I have ever seen Newegg have a blatant pricing error like this.

Anyway, no cancellation notice yet here.

got the call also its fucking bullshit:mad:

Nah.. We all expected it..

I think most folks are just sore that there wasnt some sort of "Feel Good" offer for their mistake, like a 20% off coupon or something for our trouble. Everyone understands that price mistakes happen, but we do feel that going throught the inconvenience should carry some compensation.

Nah.. We all expected it..

I think most folks are just sore that there wasnt some sort of "Feel Good" offer for their mistake, like a 20% off coupon or something for our trouble. Everyone understands that price mistakes happen, but we do feel that going throught the inconvenience should carry some compensation.

True true...i mean, i dont even need a new 160gb hard drive. I was just exploiting.

*PS* "Pricing errors" are bullshit... I would like the privilege to claim random "payment errors" when accidentally only paying 10% what I meant to

Close this thread, please. It's just turning into people bitching that they don't get tons of free crap when Dell makes a pricing error and other people bitching that these people are stupid.

Back