160GB Serial Laptop Drive - $12.00 (Dell Error) (Dead Deal)

LOL .... I saw this here earlier and thought, hummmm 5400 rpm oh well. Then I come back and see it's now 2 pages of people buying these. So what the heck, I order 2. It comes to $31.21, nice. Then Dell sends me another e-mail telling me that shipping date will be 2/14/08. Now if they don't change their minds. LOL :D

I did not even order one, but I thought it was hilarious.. so I posted.

Hope it goes through for you guys!

And once again, the items in my cart were saved. Not going to buy it though, waste of time and money (for a certain period).

^^^ Would'nt it be funny IF the order does ship, and every time you look at the screenie, you kick yourself?!

heh, well it's been like an hour or two & not cancelled, don't think that means too much yet tho.

Mine also lists In-Production, 2/14 est. ship
Received (OK) Confirmed (good, good) SHIPPED (get to it!!) DELIVERED (oh yeah, I ordered this thing :))

I assume the lot of you will get cancellation notices on the next business day, but hey you never know.

Seriously? Again? This quickly?
SHENANIGANS.

Honestly though, this is absurd. How stupid can they be.

I paid through paypal and it took the money already, and a confirmation email was received. That's all automated though, so it doesn't really count.

To the ones that paid through paypal...

hate to say it but I dont think it will help too much. There was a few that paid through paypal on the Dell 1.5 terabyte external hard drive deal and those orders were cancelled as well.

I paid through paypal and it took the money already, and a confirmation email was received. That's all automated though, so it doesn't really count.

Same, hopefully i dont get a cancellation :(

*crosses fingers*

Also they had these on some deal site like fatwallet so im not surprised that they went so fast.

I've been through a couple of these Dell pricing errors. They usually send out a cancellation email a day or two afterwards. Nonetheless, I'll try my luck. :D

might as well try! in for 5 :D

didn't we have a ridiculous hard drive pricing error last weekend too?

Deal's already dead for what I can tell. Woulda been nice. I am suspicious that someone is hacking their system, though, putting insane low prices on things. I wouldn't put it past people some days. Big corporations are always a target.

It doesn't seem that way. I think it's the result of Dell outsourcing everything to India. Things are sloppy.

Shipping Method: 3-5 Business Days
Est. Ship Date: 2/14/2008
Est. Delivery Date: 2/19/2008-2/21/2008

lol.. that's never going to happen.

i ordered 5 last night and i havent received any cancallation email yet.hope it ships though

I was in for 5, got the confirmation and not cancellation yet. Are these drives propietary to this Dell laptop, or can they be used in any laptop?

Back