• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1567 motherboards

Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
51
Is there a good source for used ones? I was trying to price a system, and the cpus seem rather cheap, but I haven't seen a single used board, and new ones are well over $2k
 
Yep. The motherboard prohibits the build of one of these boxes.
 
That sucks. I saw a set of 4 of the 10 core ones for $300 earlier. It would have made an awesome folder.
 
Patriot, iirc, has a couple complete sets of 1567 procs that he would probably pass out, but no one has been willing to spring for a board yet.
 
I think Patriot has scrapped the 1567's.

Considering they are about to be sealed inside epoxy on a table top by you...

Yeah... they are cheap because they are not worth using.
And they are not as quick as you would expect them to be.

You would blow those 4x 2.4ghz 10cores away with 4x 6172 setup.
 
I'm not sure I'm convinced a 4p magny cours would be faster than 4p xeons.
 
I'm not sure I'm convinced a 4p magny cours would be faster than 4p xeons.

Let me rephrase... I have folded on a 4p 2.4ghz 40c 80t 1567 box for a number of months...
It will be beaten by a mc setup like yours jebo.

A 4p 2011 2.7ghz 32c 64t will beat the crap out of your rig.

1567 does not scale ... 2011 does.

Harbringer at 3.36ghz matched that 2011 4p... and passed at 3.48ghz...but I think someone has passed me with a tweaked 2011 build... ;)
 
Considering they are about to be sealed inside epoxy on a table top by you...

Yeah... they are cheap because they are not worth using.
And they are not as quick as you would expect them to be.

You would blow those 4x 2.4ghz 10cores away with 4x 6172 setup.


so hte 2011 scales and rocks the 1567's, too bad, but what the price difference?
 
If you hunt... you can build a 4p 2011 rig for around $4k.
 
Harbringer at 3.36ghz matched that 2011 4p... and passed at 3.48ghz...but I think someone has passed me with a tweaked 2011 build... ;)

You can't just post that and walk away, Details, we need details......
 
There's a pretty good jump between Westmere and SB then. Also seemingly relevant, how well does F@H scale past 64 cores? (32 for those with hyper-threading) as I'm sure that's the upper limit for most 4p rigs. Seems like something might be getting lost.
 
You can't just post that and walk away, Details, we need details......

Sure I can... you know where to find me if you want to talk...

There's a pretty good jump between Westmere and SB then. Also seemingly relevant, how well does F@H scale past 64 cores? (32 for those with hyper-threading) as I'm sure that's the upper limit for most 4p rigs. Seems like something might be getting lost.

F@H scales fine... pretty linearly.

1567 was an architectural issue... It didn't scale from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4... it wasn't where it needed to be at 2p performance let alone 4. That platform had strength elsewhere...but none of them were relevant to folding.

MC, IL and 2011 scale fine to to 48c, 64c, 32c 64t.
Westmere-E did not scale well to 10c 20t, 20c 40t, 30c 60t, or 40c 80t.

It was not terrible performance... it was okish ... but it was around 50-100k ppd behind a 4p mc system that cost far far less.
 
Since the beginning of time, nothing has fallen faster than Paris Hilton's panties except computer prices.

Patience is a virtue.
 
Back
Top