14hrs+ left for UT2K4

I haven't downloaded it yet, but nobody ever said anything about a time limit! How much time do start with?
 
Originally posted by bobsaget
I haven't downloaded it yet, but nobody ever said anything about a time limit! How much time do start with?

Lol, I think he meant 14 hours until release. :D
 
damn. and i have two mid terms to study for between now and wednesday.

and two awesome games are coming out.
 
our local frys electronics stores are selling the SE's for $29.99 as well starting wednesday. i wonder how many SE's they're receiving?
 
Gee, I seem to recall a thread that took me to task for saying that there would be plenty Special Editions to go around.

Verily, verily I say unto thee... I was right. No need to pre-order and it's also on sale. Dang, I'm batting a thousand.

(I took a lot of heat for saying there wasn't a need to pre-order the special edition. A lot of heat. I'm entitled to a little boast.)
 
Originally posted by HRslammR
damn. and i have two mid terms to study for between now and wednesday.

and two awesome games are coming out.

Whats the other awesome game?
 
woah $30, :/ I got mine for $40 from ebgames and I have to wait a week. Oh well I get a $20 voucher which almost makes that worth it.
 
yea each best buy gets 10 copies of SE which is pretty gay, But i'll still try to hit my local one tuesday afternoon to see if i get lucky.. probably not but oh well
 
Originally posted by davidj
Unreal Tournament 2004: DVD Special Edition only 29.99 @ BB

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1069299971587&skuId=6227665&type=product&cmp=



Looks like BB will have some gamers wating for the doors to open.

Some will want to get there before the SE's are all gone.

Sweet statatory! Don't worry Mister, I'll take good care of your daughter, I've got one of my own.

That's a darn good price... Got mine from EBWorld for $35 shipped...

I haven't seen a big name game go on sale that cheap in years... glad I don't have to fight off kids with a stick to get mine. Maybe I'll go pick up another copy to sell off at our LAN so people don't use copies...
 
Originally posted by Techx
yea each best buy gets 10 copies of SE which is pretty gay, But i'll still try to hit my local one tuesday afternoon to see if i get lucky.. probably not but oh well
Hang on... if you look at the ad carefully it's 10 copies minimum per store. More than likely, they'll have more than just that. They're using it as a loss leader and it wouldn't be in their best interest not to have enough to go around.
 
I've actually gotten really bored playing the demo and online really isn't all that great to my dissapointement. Think im just gonna pick up BF Vietnam for the time being.
 
Has anyone actually gotten this yet? I called my local best buy and they don't have it, and neither does Planet X where I pre-ordered. Whats the deal with the "early release"? The press release from when it went gold said it should be available in stores March 15th. :mad:
 
I should be getting it Wednesday. I pre-ordered from EB w/ overnite delivery :) . Now if only my dvd burner from Newegg could get here by then....
 
if you read that site

release date is 3/18/2004 ;)

this thursday.
 
Does anyone happen to know if they are offering the 10 dollar rebate for owner's of UT2003 on the SE version ? Thanks.
 
Originally posted by Stereophile
Does anyone happen to know if they are offering the 10 dollar rebate for owner's of UT2003 on the SE version ? Thanks.

From EBGames page

Includes a $10 in-box Manufacturer Rebate good when upgrading from Unreal Tournament 2003!
 
I've checked a few ads for retail stores. Not all of them are getting the game at the same time. Best Buy is getting their shipment on Thursday. EBGames and CompUSA both have "Coming Soon" still listed. UT2K4 is going to be a rolling release.
 
Originally posted by archevilangel
woah $30, :/ I got mine for $40 from ebgames and I have to wait a week. Oh well I get a $20 voucher which almost makes that worth it.

And a 10 dollar mail in rebate. :D

Plus trade in UT2k3 + any other game and get 10 more bucks off...so that ends up being free. :D
 
Originally posted by Sobek
I called my local EB and they said tomorrow is when they get it in.

Same here, I just called 3 out of 4 of the EBs within 40 miles of me.
 
I just called EBGames by phone, which is how I ordered and they said they shipped my game out today, and it should be here weds, i got 2 day shipping.
 
My ebgames.com order still says "Open"

Whoa... deja vu there. Remembering the Neverwinter Nights release :)
 
Originally posted by bobsaget
I haven't downloaded it yet, but nobody ever said anything about a time limit! How much time do start with?

Oh my sweet Jesus, Idiot++.

I'm reaaaaally tempted to buy that DVD edition on Thursday. Ugh, crap. I wasn't even planning on getting the game, but for $30...I know I'd be able to kill plenty of time in bot matches with all the maps they include... (screw online play, the AVRiL is entirely too noob-oriented).
 
Preordered my SE copy from Gamespot for $35 :D

:crosses fingers and hopes it comes tonight:
 
Originally posted by finalgt
Oh my sweet Jesus, Idiot++.

I'm reaaaaally tempted to buy that DVD edition on Thursday. Ugh, crap. I wasn't even planning on getting the game, but for $30...I know I'd be able to kill plenty of time in bot matches with all the maps they include... (screw online play, the AVRiL is entirely too noob-oriented).

counter with shock combo ;)


30 bux for a new game.. Perhaps croteam did knock some sense into everyone else ;) hehe
 
I think they were right when they said including the ut2k3 content hurt 2k4's perception and selling value. Oh well more content and cheaper for me :). I hope this sells enough for them to make an se version cheap for 2k5. That would rock. Oh and mine shipped ups ground today
 
Yours shipped already? where'd you order from? I ordered next day air from ebgames.com and it says it hasn't shipped yet.
 
Back
Top