13.11 Beta 9.2 Drivers and BF4

Venomous

Gawd
Im curious how many of you are having issues with BF4 and these drivers? I had sone a clean install of them fri night and it makes BF4 unplayable. I did not have any issues with Cod Ghost but a lot of guys with Nvidia cards seem to with COD Ghost and lag.

I reverted back to beta 8s and now playing the waiting game.

Sounds like you have a bad video card. Better RMA it.

I uninstalled the driver, then went into safe mode, cleaned out the driver crumbs, rebooted and then installed the new driver.

No problems.

if you mean BF4 is unplayable due to crashes and whatnot, well that's just the state of BF4 at the moment.

with crossfire 7950's they are unplayable in bf4, got stuttering all over the place, 13.11 beta 8 work fine

I think BF4 crashes for everyone. It's really a game issue I believe, and not GPU related - What I noticed is that when someone uses commander mode, the game tends to insta crash. DICE needs to patch the game up post haste.....

Still a freaking fun game though. I love it.

I think BF4 crashes for everyone. It's really a game issue I believe, and not GPU related - What I noticed is that when someone uses commander mode, the game tends to insta crash. DICE needs to patch the game up post haste.....

Still a freaking fun game though. I love it.

Chiming in here, it's not an AMD exclusive thing. We're all crashing a LOT..

Finishing a longer game of conquest (1000+tickets) is a miracle as I usually crash at some point.

Oh and don't forget about losing sound that results in only footsteps and in-game radio comms playing like you're trapped in some Twilight Zone alternate universe.

The game is absurdly fun though, 1000% more with a good squad of friends.

used to crash all the time but since they updated the servers I'm crash free for days now.. so far.

used to crash all the time but since they updated the servers I'm crash free for days now.. so far.

Sometimes I get the white screen with looping sound and other times a get a standard CTD where BF4.exe closes entirely.

I'm 90% sure the crashing is stemming from the application but 10% of me thinks it may be due to RAM overclock.

I might knock my speeds down to 1600Mhz @ CAS 11 to see if I still crash.

My rig is plenty stable on COD. I played some BF4 this afternoon and didn't crash once, even in domination.

This is been the worst game release I've seen for some time.

Played 5 matches this morning and crashed 4 times, using a gtx 590 with latest nvidia drivers so its a bf4 thing and I wouldn't advocate bf4 as any type of a yardstick for hardware or system issues as its a bit of a mess currently

My rig is plenty stable on COD. I played some BF4 this afternoon and didn't crash once, even in domination.

This is been the worst game release I've seen for some time.

It's not the fault of the GPU or drivers. Trust me. Game needs some patches, it's crashing for tons of people on both nvidia and AMD hardware.

Despite all of this crashing BS I still really enjoy the game. Strange.

I was crashing in bf4 early on, but haven't crashed in a week now.

you might have something oc'd too much.

I was crashing after the map change as I would get a red screen and my computer would reboot.. updated from 13.11 v8 to v9 driver and also used Raptr to play the game and now it can play for hours without a crash and no more red screens..

I have had artifacts, crashes and a few BSOD with the game and the 13.11 Beta8 plus 9.2 drivers.

Factory clocks that have been using for months.

if you mean BF4 is unplayable due to crashes and whatnot, well that's just the state of BF4 at the moment.

agreed.

i am using the 9.2 driver and i get periods where hours go by without a crash and others where I will CTD every half hour or thereabouts.

I've had a few lockups, BSOD's and crashes with the beta drivers in BF4 running Crossfire 2Gb 6950's in an overclocked 4.6Ghz 2600K rig. Thought it was either drivers, or OC related.

Then I finally installed it on my studio machine this week, which is an HP Z210 (i7 2600 non-K, Win 7) with a bone stock 550ti 1Gb using the latest R331 driver, and with settings cranked down to GeForce Experience recommended pitiful levels at 1080p (no AA/AF/AO, low settings across the board, 75% resolution scale, which nets me about 70 FPS in multiplayer).

It's doing very similar things, including BSODs.

Leads me to believe it's the game. Just sayin'.

Installed the Beta 9v2 (running fine no problem on 6970)and it seemed very good till today and I started crashing again. Like others said BF4 problem

Played 5 matches this morning and crashed 4 times, using a gtx 590 with latest nvidia drivers so its a bf4 thing and I wouldn't advocate bf4 as any type of a yardstick for hardware or system issues as its a bit of a mess currently

Nvidia cant write drivers for the game.
simple as that.

I place the majority of fault for BF4 problems on EA. It doesn't matter what hardware you are running, you have problems.

I played a bunch this last weekend (when I could actually get the game to connect to a server without giving me an error message) with friends. One has a 780, one has a 680 4gb, one has a 680 2gb, and I have 7850s in crossfire and we all had a ton of crashes. It makes a great drinking game though. Take a shot every time someone crashes and before long you won't even care. Windows 7 vs windows 8 doesn't seem to matter either as far as stability goes.

With the latest AMD drivers I really don't have any performance problems. It's just those darn crashes in BF4.

Have you ever noticed that it always seems to crash when you are doing well? It never crashes when my k/d is 1/10, but if I'm 15/0 it crashes. lol, at least it seems that way.

Have you ever noticed that it always seems to crash when you are doing well? It never crashes when my k/d is 1/10, but if I'm 15/0 it crashes. lol, at least it seems that way.

Clearly you're doing something wrong because this is never a problem for me. I never go positive KDR :cool:

Should have a new stat to track on Battlelog for PC players: Crash to Death Ratio. Could flip you free gold battlepacks as you get Crash ribbons. Not a bad idea, really. :)

Terrible, terrible crashing in BF4 for me on Win 8.1. I am using this driver, and a 290X, not sure if it's the driver fault, but I'm leaning toward BF4 fault as there is a ton of feedback on BF4 "crash to desktop" problems on the Battlelog forums and EA forums. It seems to be a common problem. Just wanted to say, you can count me among them.

In everything? Usually I can get maybe 3-5 matches of TDM with 200 tickets in the longer stuff seems to be good for 2 matches only and then it is over

All the games are flaky these days it seems. Ghosts is 1000 times worse bug wise compared to BF4. BF4 you could at least get good performance and all that.

Back