128GB MicroSDXC - When?

My question is, why?

I can think of no conceiveable reason why I or anybody would need 128gb in a phone. I had a 64gb iphone 4s and had over 50gb of music but really only listened to less than 8% of that on a regular basis.

So because you personally can't see a conceivable reason all others should fall inline to your standard? :rolleyes:

My question is, why?

I can think of no conceiveable reason why I or anybody would need 128gb in a phone. I had a 64gb iphone 4s and had over 50gb of music but really only listened to less than 8% of that on a regular basis.

3-5gb each movie for 720p quality, 700mb per album in lossless quality... I could see using more then that on a phone.

2TB is on the roadmap :D

Holy balls, I thought you were joking until I read OPs article. :eek:

Friggin insane. I really wonder how much they will cost when launched. If it doesn't drive down current 64GB chip costs, then I would guess at least a grand or so. But hopefully when they come out, it will drive down 64GB cards to like $20 and they will only go to $200 or so.

It's also too bad that a lot of newer high-end phones are dropping support of SD cards (read: Nexus and HTC phones) :(. I hope this trend doesn't spread further.

Some people are more [H] than others.

THIS. Got a 64GB SDXC in my SGS3 now...

I'm rockin 23TB of HDD at home in my main system. Why wouldn't I want to have a chunk of that on the road? Besides, as much as I love Sprint's unlimited data, their network is slow.

Are people really still saying "who needs that" in regards to things like storage space and RAM? :rolleyes:

I think for around 80-90 percent of people a 128GB memory card is a huge waste but really there are many people to take advantage of it these days.

I have a music collection stretching into +120GB (lots of lossless music). SO I could actually use something like that.

Largest I can sport in my phone officially in 32GB, 64GB unofficially.

I do wish 2TB SDXC/uSDXC would come out soon and cheap just to have a nice compacted OTG database. :)

Are people really still saying "who needs that" in regards to things like storage space and RAM? :rolleyes:

Seriously, it boggles the mind...... I don't know why those people don't just register at the PC World forums or something.... because [H] is definitely not the right place for that mindset....

My question is, why?

Seriously? You can not think of a reason somebody would want that much storage? Are you really that self absorbed that you can not possibly think of a reason somebody would want more than 64gb of storage?

I get by just fine with 16GB on my phone (saddly, that's the only model offered in the AT&T version of the HTC One X), but I would love to have more and would definately use it if I had it. And I can certainly see uses for having hundreds of gigabytes of storage of a mobile device these days, especially if you travel often.

I'd love it if only because recording movies on a phone at 1080 uses a ton of space. That alone should make a 128GB card attractive. Sure the quality isn't great compared to a proper camera, but the fact it can do it and does work just fine and that I have it with me everywhere makes it a logical choice.

My question is, why?

If you need to ask that, I can unequivocally say you're on the wrong boards. ;)

Holy balls, I thought you were joking until I read OPs article. :eek:

Friggin insane. I really wonder how much they will cost when launched. If it doesn't drive down current 64GB chip costs, then I would guess at least a grand or so. But hopefully when they come out, it will drive down 64GB cards to like $20 and they will only go to $200 or so.

It's also too bad that a lot of newer high-end phones are dropping support of SD cards (read: Nexus and HTC phones) :(. I hope this trend doesn't spread further.

Yeah, I was ecstatic when they announced the HTC EVO 4G LTE had expandable storage. I wonder if Sprint asked for it... SGS3 has expandable storage too tho, as do most Moto phones.

Prices of microSD cards seem to be getting slashed in half every year or so... I paid the same amount for the 32GB cards I've bought in the last year as I paid for the 16GB cards a year earlier. 64GB cards were $100 just a few months ago and they're now nearing $50... I'm sure they'll be $30 by next summer.

I'll probably grab one at that point... I keep cycling them amongst my devices and even my micro keychain reader. They're getting much faster too with the new UHS stuff, 2-3x faster than previous class 6-10 stuff even.

Back