120mm case fan recommendations?

asperity

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know of any good case fans for pure airflow? I just bought 12 GT's for my rads and I have 2 free spaces for a 120mm intake and a 120mm exhaust fan. I prefer the quiet fans with decent airflow.

If you're going for pure airflow (little/no restriction or filter), the NF-S12 is rated better and not quite as thick, but then you lose the option of using it on a (dense) radiator/heatsink in the future--well, it'd be a bad idea to, anyway. If that's not an issue, I'd go for it instead of the F12.

JetFlo's push a ton of air, and are pretty quiet at lower RPMs, with high static pressure--they're probably closest (POM bearing fan) in performance to the NF-F12, but a little louder (much louder at max speed)--either JetFlo, or Rosewill's Hyperborea/Akasa's Viper or Apache, but I haven't used them.

As good as they are, I can't use those fans because they don't fit the theme of my build. And I think the industrial black noctua versions are way too overpriced.

In the end, I chose the new Fractal Venturi HF12 and HF14. I saw some reviews on it and decided it was pretty darn good for what it had to offer for a decent price.

The JetFlo's and Hyperborea are available in black, though the JetFlo is a frosted black.

The Venturi looks pretty capable, though--I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Back