120hz on Laptops?

SomeOne

n00b
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
16
So I'm in the market for a new laptop and I got a choice between the displays.

The sager notebooks seem to have a 120hz 3-D ready option. Now is this real 120hz or just some silly interpolated stuff? I'm mainly going to be gaming hardcore btw and really don't want any artificial frames destroying my gaming.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
 
Generally monitors will have a dual-link DVI-D connector to support real 120hz (ie. selecting 120hz on your GRAPHICS card). You didn't link which model but I'd safely say it's the real deal.

On a laptop it would be a dual-link width connector from the graphics hardware to the LCD/LED back-lit panel.
 
Just bumping this up. Is this the real deal?

And will 120hz make any difference at all for laptop gaming? I've already read all the stuff on normal pc monitors and how they're awesome and stuff, just wondering if it's the same case for laptops.
 
Just bumping this up. Is this the real deal?

And will 120hz make any difference at all for laptop gaming? I've already read all the stuff on normal pc monitors and how they're awesome and stuff, just wondering if it's the same case for laptops.

in short, it'll just be super smooth, so long as the specs handle the game properly (higher framerate)

I've been gaming on a CRT all this time for my latest build. it's a 17" Samsung SyncMaster 793MB. I've yet to find a reasonable replacement for it.
 
Back
Top