D
Deleted member 88227
Guest
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Video and photo editing mostly, no gaming.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1200 - $1400
3) Where do you live?
Las Cruces, NM
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I am starting out with nothing. I'd like to be able to burn DVDs, possibly watch BluRay movies.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Starting from scratch
6) Will you be overclocking?
No.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Want something in the 21/22 inch range. Maybe 24" (Does not have to be part of the actual budget)
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
This month.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Do not require any features, just whatever I need to do what I want to do.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Do not have any operating system license. Want Windows 7.
This is what I've built, but I think I can spend the money better?
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - $118.99
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX - $159.99
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - $109.99
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $119.95
EVGA 768-P3-1360-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - $169.99
G.SKILL PI 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL6D-4GBPI - $134.99 x 2
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - $89.99 x 2
HP Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner Blu-ray Burner bd340i LightScribe Support - $169.99
ASUS VH222H Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor Built in Speakers 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR20000:1) w/ SPDIF out - $179.99 x 2
Video and photo editing mostly, no gaming.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1200 - $1400
3) Where do you live?
Las Cruces, NM
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I am starting out with nothing. I'd like to be able to burn DVDs, possibly watch BluRay movies.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Starting from scratch
6) Will you be overclocking?
No.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Want something in the 21/22 inch range. Maybe 24" (Does not have to be part of the actual budget)
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
This month.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Do not require any features, just whatever I need to do what I want to do.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Do not have any operating system license. Want Windows 7.
This is what I've built, but I think I can spend the money better?
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - $118.99
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX - $159.99
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - $109.99
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $119.95
EVGA 768-P3-1360-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - $169.99
G.SKILL PI 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL6D-4GBPI - $134.99 x 2
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - $89.99 x 2
HP Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner Blu-ray Burner bd340i LightScribe Support - $169.99
ASUS VH222H Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor Built in Speakers 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR20000:1) w/ SPDIF out - $179.99 x 2