12 Minutes of Dying Light Gameplay

I give it a pass. Seems like another failed zombie game. L4D3 is being made no use for this.

Wow. Very impressive graphically - worth watching just for that. Like a good Dead Island meets Mirrors Edge. Kinda more of an FPA genre .. First Person Action.

It has a parkour system like Mirror’s Edge. Also it's a game. :p

Worth noting that he appears to jump off of zombies, so it's not like he hurdled all four. Parkour people have a lot of jump ability.

Wow. Very impressive graphically - worth watching just for that. Like a good Dead Island meets Mirrors Edge. Kinda more of an FPA genre .. First Person Action.

Worth noting that he appears to jump off of zombies, so it's not like he hurdled all four. Parkour people have a lot of jump ability.

also worth mentioning its a Zombie game so realism likely isn't going to be very important.....Zombies don't have good balance so jumping off the shoulder of one would knock the zombie down and propel you nowhere but to the ground.....Not that I care about realism.

Aside from the way the dude jumps off zombies like trampolines it looks interesting enough. Just gonna have to wait until more is revealed about the game.

This part of the trailer is so dumb.

Better be quiet and sneaky... manages it for about a minute before loudly fucking stomping around on a bus roof that's literally directly under a street lamp before screaming "FUCK THEY SEE ME." at the top of lungs.

well no shit they see you

you guys are nuts!...the game looks pretty nice based on that video...already looks better then Dead Island and the graphics look really good...I'll be keeping an eye on this

I give it a pass. Seems like another failed zombie game. L4D3 is being made no use for this.

L4D3 is not going to do anything different then in the past.
They need to understand that type of game play was
fun like 5 years ago.

L4D3 is not going to do anything different then in the past.
They need to understand that type of game play was
fun like 5 years ago.

Gameplay where a group of people battle another group of people will always be fun.

They understand everything they need to understand.

Gameplay where a group of people battle another group of people will always be fun.

They understand everything they need to understand.

Sounds like you just need to play L4D1..
dont know why they even made a new one..lol
I just think that was fun 4 years ago.
Now there a much better things out
that allow you to play with your friends and much
much more.

Is it me, or did the guy kill the same zombie like 5 times?

It looks nice enough, but it wouldn't be a game I'd buy a console for, or one that I'd get as soon as it came out. It's a game I'd get while I was waiting for other, better games to come out.

And isn't it time to put zombies aside for a while? We could use another theme. Hell, the Metro series had the right idea, with their enemies being closer to demons than anything else.

Sounds like you just need to play L4D1..
dont know why they even made a new one..lol
I just think that was fun 4 years ago.
Now there a much better things out
that allow you to play with your friends and much
much more.

I did play L4D1 about 400 hours worth and about 600 hours in L4D2. They made a new game because they had new content and the amount of content in L4D2 is greater than what is in L4D.....I can't remember any addon or expansion pack that added more content then the original game thus they created a new game. L4D3 they will have new content and likely a new Engine. Its a day 1 purchase for both me and my wife.

There hasn't been a game to replace L4D2 yet. Sure games like BF3 are far better but that is a completely different type of game. Nothing has replaced or replicated what you get with L4D2.

Looks exactly like Dead Island but with freerunning. Hm...might be good, I dunno. We all know how Dead Island turned out.

EDIT: Oh, and it's made by Techland...no wonder.

Last edited:
Dying Light isn't another Dead Island, Techland promises

You have to consider that Dead Island was our first open-world game so we had to learn some lessons the hard way," producer Tymon Smektala told Eurogamer during an interview at EGX 2013..."But our level design team has grown three-fold [since then], and the same can be said of our quality assurance team.

"We've really put a lot of resources into playtesting so we make sure this game is a AAA project. We really feel we need to prove to people that we have made a AAA game and we're confident we're doing it."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-28-dying-light-isnt-another-dead-island-techland-promises

Dead Island developer Techland has delayed its undead open world game Dying Light until February 2015

* another title I was looking forward to delayed until next year (joining Witcher 3 and The Division)

Dead Island developer Techland has delayed its undead open world game Dying Light until February 2015

* another title I was looking forward to delayed until next year (joining Witcher 3 and The Division)

At least they're learning :p

It looks like Mirror's Edge meets Dead Island and Last of Us, it's a total winner in my book.

Dying Light no longer a PS3 and 360 game

Polish developer Techland explained on Facebook that the older consoles "just couldn't run the game and stay true to the core vision...Therefore, after thorough internal testing, we have come to the conclusion that we have no choice but to leave past-gen systems behind and release Dying Light exclusively on the next-gen consoles and PC,"...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-29-dying-light-no-longer-a-ps3-and-360-game

Didn't see another thread for it, but I just had to comment on how much I am loving this game. The ambiance, music, feel, intensity. It feels great to play and isn't what I expected. At first I was like "ugh, another zombie game," but it truly surprised me and i'm fully enjoying it. I bought the PS4 version of the game and the graphics look pretty nice. Would be nice to have more AA, but it's fine.

The tension in the game is great; especially when it is night time. Gets really interesting.

Didn't see another thread for it, but I just had to comment on how much I am loving this game. The ambiance, music, feel, intensity. It feels great to play and isn't what I expected. At first I was like "ugh, another zombie game," but it truly surprised me and i'm fully enjoying it. I bought the PS4 version of the game and the graphics look pretty nice. Would be nice to have more AA, but it's fine.

The tension in the game is great; especially when it is night time. Gets really interesting.

Wait til you get 50% through and realize thats it. I feel bad for you because youre thinking what everyone else was myself included. Prepare yourself for some redundant mediocre gameplay pain and a limp ending.

Wait til you get 50% through and realize thats it. I feel bad for you because youre thinking what everyone else was myself included. Prepare yourself for some redundant mediocre gameplay pain and a limp ending.

I've already gotten my $30 worth for this game. If it ends meh I won't care. I've had a lot of fun. From what I see on the main menu, you can play this co-op too which I would definitely do on another play-through.

I still play this and enjoy it. It is a little repetitive after a while though.

I thought the game was amazing right up to the point of no return at the end. The scenario leading up to the final fight was very poorly designed and left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm still playing through it for the third time (on PC) ;).

I thought the game was amazing right up to the point of no return at the end. The scenario leading up to the final fight was very poorly designed and left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm still playing through it for the third time (on PC) ;).

That's contradictory. Lol. Obviously not a bad enough taste to not play it through 3 times. Very rarely have I played a game through twice let-alone 3 times.

Back