11XX NVIDIA Volta GPUs to Show in 2H18

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Jason Evangelho over at Forbes, was paying attention to financial analysts here recently and noticed a couple of those guys talking about GPU launches by NVIDIA in the second half of this year. Jensen did not take advantage of his recent stage time at GTC to address why GeForce Partner Program Impacts Consumer Choice, nor did he mention Volta, which makes for an awesome gaming card in our testing of the TITAN V. Remember, the more you buy, the more you save.

In a report from CNBC, analyst Vivek Arya is quoted as saying: "Near-term the stock is sensitive to risk-off in high-growth tech stocks, and to the noise around crypto-mining and autonomous cars. But, the recent … sell-off creates an enhanced oppty. ahead of 2H product launches."

since most cards are being bought up by miners, is nvidias GPP program really going to have much of an effect?

Thanks to GPP (plus the telemetry driver bullshit, physx, GPU-passthrough and other things that hardocp very conveniently loves to ignore ), I am done with them and will buy whatever AMD has that allows me to play at 1080P, since I have no plans to switch to 4K or anything else anytime soon.

Already sold my ShieldTV and when I can get my hands on anything else, will sell the 970 i have.

Fuck them.

Last edited:
I remember being all fussy about buying a 1080Ti, thinking nVIDIA was going to launch the new 1180 (or equivalent) so fast, that would make my new purchase obsolete in matter of months. That was may 2017 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ha, that was like 2 months after the thing launched. :)

They make my purchases feel wasteful. So I don't update often.

680, 290x, 1080->1080ti trade up

I'm staying on this for 2 releases min

I'll will be really surprised if we have to wait till Q3 for the new 11xx cards.

I don't think NVidia's Wall Street investors will be satisfied with a couple lower quarters (Q1 and Q2) in a row waiting for Nvidia to release a new mainstream product. (after a record Q4 and record 2017 annual profits report)

Just noticing all the laptops being released with the new 6-core Intel chips but the same old GPUs showing up so no real improvements in the mobile market either until Nvidia/AMD decide to release something new.

Just noticing all the laptops being released with the new 6-core Intel chips but the same old GPUs showing up so no real improvements in the mobile market either until Nvidia/AMD decide to release something new.
Don't forget the Ryzen 2 launch this month.

I'd hate to upgrade motherboard, CPU and plop in the old videocard I've been using.
Seems like a sidegrade rather than an upgrade if it doesn't have newer graphics power.

Thanks to GPP (plus the telemetry driver bullshit, physx, GPU-passthrough and other things that hardocp very conveniently loves to ignore ), I am done with them and will buy whatever AMD has that allows me to play at 1080P, since I have no plans to switch to 4K or anything else anytime soon.

Already sold my ShieldTV and when I can get my hands on anything else, will sell the 970 i have.

Fuck them.

Bye!

So what are the odds of AMD releasing something to compete with 1080Ti before it is obsoleted by the XX80?

3623.jpg

I'll will be really surprised if we have to wait till Q3 for the new 11xx cards.

I don't think NVidia's Wall Street investors will be satisfied with a couple lower quarters (Q1 and Q2) in a row waiting for Nvidia to release a new mainstream product. (after a record Q4 and record 2017 annual profits report)

Then prepare to be surprised, secondly they are selling every card they can make at launch prices so Wall Street will be quite fine with that. I think the prices you will be expected to pay will be the true shock for you.

Nvidia has no motivation to release anything, AMD cant compete and they sell everything they make to miners, if bitcoin keeps tanking the market will be flooded with GPUS that will eat into new sales

Crap.
See my sig?
I'm still with a 970 because of miners.
I'm still with an R9 390 because of miners.

So, when Nvidia puts out the 1180? Yeah, miners.

I'm all for supply and demand. In fact, I'm demanding more supply. ;)

It's all going to come down to price, performance, and heat.

Crap.
See my sig?

I dunno, a lot of mining cards are being sold right now due to crypto prices dropping pretty heavily.

I'm waiting to see what Navi has to offer.
That is going to be one hell of a long wait for you. AMD is pretty well known for hyping up their products for a long time before their release and there's not even been any real info about Navi yet. Honestly I think you're looking at probably a minimum of a year-and-a-half before Navi is available to purchase.

Maxwell Titans still running games decently.

Though the itch does get intense from time to time...

Crap.
See my sig?

I'm all for supply and demand. In fact, I'm demanding more supply. ;)

It's all going to come down to price, performance, and heat.

You might want to take a new look at FS/T. I was able to snag a 1080ti for basically MSRP in less than an hour. There have been several other cards posted around the same price as well.

Reactions: c3k
like this
Back