• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1155 cooling using a 775 cooler

buschman31

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 8, 2005
Messages
3,639
I currently have two of these Zalman cpns 7000 coolers thats for skt 478/775 and am2/3 cpu's.
I was thinking of getting the Zalman ZM-CS5B adapter to use one of them on an i5-2400. The adapter is out of production but was able to find one available. Just like to get members input on using an older cooler on a 1155 cpu before shelling out $23-25 for the adapter. I do have a fan mate controller to use with the cooler.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I use an Intel Copper Core cooler meant for a LGA 775 Q CPU and it works great. 4690K is running at a nice 4Ghz
 
Back
Top