• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

10e's New 48-Core Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobit

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2010/May 2011
Joined
Dec 12, 2005
Messages
5,145
Found this on FF, I hope 10e graces us with his presence in this thread here as well and, more importantly, he uses this new powerhouse for Team #33 instead of one of the other teams he folds for! :D

10e said:
As an addendum to this, and because I'm pretty darn excited, I just received my H8QGI-F motherboard and will be commencing my build of the quad Opteron 6168 box this week. Thanks Alpha754293 for the inspiration :wink:

Hopefully we can find out how well A3-based core units scale up. I will try BigAdv first, and then regular SMP A3 units.

It has a full allocation of 16 1GB DIMMs (for quad channel to each CPU) and will be dedicated to folding in the short and possibly long-term.

My one question to you Alpha, is how well did the Coolermaster Stacker 810 case hold the board. I prefer this option to spending nearly $1k Canadian on a Supermicro SW-TX compatible Tower/Rack case.
 
Ninja'd by Tobit!

Check my Magny-Cours "black edition" thread for more details!
 
Ninja'd by Tobit!

Check my Magny-Cours "black edition" thread for more details!

Yeah, that thread had been bumped back so far I forgot about it. Will close this. :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top