1080p downscaled to 768p

princeboy47

Limp Gawd
i got lg 32 inch hd tv. the best resolution for it is 1360x768, though windows recommends 720p. but it is blurry, not sharp at all. I have msi r9 390x. when I use VSR it downscales 2k for example to 720. I wanted the main resolution to be downscaled to 768p or 1360x768. I don't think the v has something to control its output resolution, nor if I can change windows 10's mind about what's recommended XD . so, is there a way to create custom resolution downscaled to 768p? or can we just screw what windows 10 thinks? XD

EDIT: also, is there a way to adjust FREELY the windows active signal resolution?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is what your looking for you can change it in Windows but you might of tried to do it and it can bounce back and revert if it's the rez is not accepted.

Not sure if this is what your looking for you can change it in Windows but you might of tried to do it and it can bounce back and revert if it's the rez is not accepted.

will, this is basically how you change or add a custom resolution that doesn't concern downscaling to a specific resolution, or as windows defines it as active signal resolution. what I want though is how to set a resolution that has active signal resolution that is different or in other word downscaled to a specific resolution that I want it to (downsampling to 768p, not 720p)

What you are looking for is SSAA iirc, might be able to force it via drivers if the game does not support it natively. It is rather resource consuming but since your output rez is pretty low it should work fine imo.

What you are looking for is SSAA iirc, might be able to force it via drivers if the game does not support it natively. It is rather resource consuming but since your output rez is pretty low it should work fine imo.
i tried the SSAA in radeon settings. it did not what i wanted. i mentioned that my problem is my TV is set to 720p as recommended by windows 10, not 768p. so whenever i change resolution to higher than 768p the game gets blurry badly. it sees the display as 720p display and on this same resolution the display is blurry. to fix my problem i need something to define my default resolution for this TV as 768p or 1360×768 like a proper driver. idk if there is such a driver and if there is pls send it here... ;)

I thought windows had trouble handling multiple screens with drastic different resolutions. do you have more than one monitor of a different resolution attached? Had a work station at my work that used two different TV monitors with two seperate resolutions that were similar to yours...one was 768P and the other 1080p if I recall...it just couldnt handle the two dissimilar resolutions. I think through a few windows updates it was improved but still not fully there.

I thought windows had trouble handling multiple screens with drastic different resolutions. do you have more than one monitor of a different resolution attached? Had a work station at my work that used two different TV monitors with two seperate resolutions that were similar to yours...one was 768P and the other 1080p if I recall...it just couldnt handle the two dissimilar resolutions. I think through a few windows updates it was improved but still not fully there.
nope, different case here. the problem is either the display driver or the windows resolution recommendation.

I’m not an expert but there are a lot of issues that could be happening or multiple at the same time.
It could be an EDID issue. And/or Windows just doesn’t have programming for that resolution.
It also could be on the per game basis. A lot of games don’t have odd resolutions. I have a 17:9 display and more or less every game doesn’t have lower resolution 17:9. I’m either at full fat DCI-4k or I’m forced to run it in 16:9 with bars.

I’m not an expert but there are a lot of issues that could be happening or multiple at the same time.
It could be an EDID issue. And/or Windows just doesn’t have programming for that resolution.
It also could be on the per game basis. A lot of games don’t have odd resolutions. I have a 17:9 display and more or less every game doesn’t have lower resolution 17:9. I’m either at full fat DCI-4k or I’m forced to run it in 16:9 with bars.
well, in most games i run on 1360×768 native TV resolution and i use pixel density or resolution modifier like in ac origins and odyssey. plain 1080p simply makes game textures and desktop look completely distorted in every means; brightness, contrast, depth, clarity, etc.. i judge by per-square inch perspective. meaning i pick a square anywhere in the display and speculate it. so, this happens. that is why i want to understand if there is an absolute solution, like downsampled resolution to 1360×768 from 1080p so desktop and games would feel better. OR if there is a way to fine 1080p on this TV like a specific driver fit to it.

ALSO: when i use AMD VSR and i check the TV, while on 2k, the TV says 720p in reported resolution TV HUD. so, windows downscales the 2k to 720p (recommended resolution for TV by windows) not 1360×768. hope there is a solution

problem solved! i used custom resolution utility to fix this, it shows all the res for this tv.. so? i deleted 720p and other smaller res and kept the 1360x768 only and restarted the driver and windows now recommends 1360x768 for tv, and now VSR use 2k only downsampled to the same res instead of 720p, HURRAAAAYYYYY!!!
yet, unfortunately, VSR used to have 4k as well, but is not found with the TV. i got asus monitor vs248h but haven't checked it. but still, i am happy i solved the first problem. thanks all..!!

Back