$1000 build?

lt_wentoncha

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a budget gaming build for $1k? My brother's rig is coming up for an upgrade, but I haven't had time to research. A starting point would be most obliged. Thanks a bunch.

Shit, we really do need to update/make that damn FAQ.

A few questions that need to be answered:
- What parts do you need for that budget? Be as SPECIFIC as possible. Do not just say the "tower". Parts include OS, HDD, RAM, Case, PSU, etc
- Will you be overclocking?
- What features do you need in a motherbaord?
- What size monitor do you have or plan to get?
- Does that budget include tax and shipping?
- What else will your bro be doing with this PC besides gaming?

Shit, we really do need to update/make that damn FAQ.

A few questions that need to be answered:
- What parts do you need for that budget? Be as SPECIFIC as possible. Do not just say the "tower". Parts include OS, HDD, RAM, Case, PSU, etc
- Will you be overclocking?
- What features do you need in a motherbaord?
- What size monitor do you have or plan to get?
- Does that budget include tax and shipping?
- What else will your bro be doing with this PC besides gaming?
Ah sorry, all I really need a recommendation on is mobo, cpu, gpu, ram, psu. I'm going to use his old case and system for the remaining parts. 1000 w/tax and shipping, and he'll be doing gaming and web browsing.

Thanks again.

Here are a couple of thread with a similar budget as yours:

New gaming rig... 1000 - 1200 budget?
Building a new PC ($1000-$1300)

Use the "suggestions" from the above two threads to get a decent setup. If you need to cut corners, in order to fit everything (and define "everything" for us), you could switch the processor (and stick with the stock HSF) and the video card (if needed -- focus on the CPU first) without ruining performance too much. DO NOT reuse the power supply; get a new one.

Ah sorry, all I really need a recommendation on is mobo, cpu, gpu, ram, psu. I'm going to use his old case and system for the remaining parts. 1000 w/tax and shipping, and he'll be doing gaming and web browsing.

Thanks again.

That doesnt answer all of Danny's questions. Please answer all of the questions. Thanks.

Back