10.3 drivers

So "bezel management" is designed to make it even MORE like you're wearing a football helmet while playing the game by allowing you to NOT show the area that is "behind" the bezel? Interesting.

So "bezel management" is designed to make it even MORE like you're wearing a football helmet while playing the game by allowing you to NOT show the area that is "behind" the bezel? Interesting.

Yes, it's strange. You notice the bezels more when bezel management is enabled but the games 'look' and 'feel' better with it.

It's something you need to try for yourself really.

So I loaded the 10.3 beta and it worked flawlessly with my 2 x 2408 and 1 x U2410.

bezel management appeared the instant I configured my EF group.....and it works great.

I completely cleaned out 10.2 with the uninstall, went to safe mode and removed all ATI folders, ran driver cleaner, then loaded the 10.3 beta and 10.2 profile folder.

It's cool and it works.

You know you don't have to run it right? /face palm
Please troll somewhere else.

wow sounds kinda crazy. wish I had more than one lcd to try it.

Just take your LCDs apart and get rid of the bezel. Who needs a warranty anyway.

Actually it's pretty amazing what you don't see on a single screen.

The bezel management makes the bezel even more of a non-issue. I've been using this technology for about 3 months, and this new software has really made the difference.

Random question time! What happens to screenshots when bezel management is active?

Random question time! What happens to screenshots when bezel management is active?

Nothing. It'll look just like it should. There won't be any missing information. The screenshot is capturing the data in the frame buffer.

Has it been stated by AMD that bezel management usage will require 3 identical monitors? Has anyone gotten it working with monitors that are not identical without having to modify EDID information?

Bezel management enabled.
AvP_DX112010-02-2816-35-53-12.jpg

AvP_DX112010-02-2816-35-08-18.jpg

Huh? If you're gaming on a single monitor you're not seeing the missing info behind the bezels to being with. So what's the beef with the football helmet stuff? You're still seeing a ton more gameworld with Eyefinity than without. I don't get all you critics that can't get past the bezel stuff. It's still a TREMENDOUS advantage over single monitor, bezel and all. No matter how many ways you spin it, that's how it is.

Has it been stated by AMD that bezel management usage will require 3 identical monitors? Has anyone gotten it working with monitors that are not identical without having to modify EDID information?

There have been some issues.....and some people have had problems using exact same sized monitors, but from different companies.....others have not.

I've even seen a couple reports of bezel management working with different sized monitors.

I did not have to do anything to get the bezel management to work. I have two Dell 2408s and a U2410 in the middle. I use native DP on one of the 2408 and DVI on the other two. I may be lucky? I did read an article that stated that each port on some monitors has a different EDID, so maybe I just got lucky with my arrangement. A box came up for me while I was setting up my eyefinity group and asked me if I wanted to use the bezel compensation software.

So far it has worked flawlesly in Borderlands,AvP, and COD-World at War.
It works pretty well in my Source based games, but at least in HL2:Ep1 there was some degree of fail.

If you do need to edit the EDID, there are excellent guides on Widescreengamingforum.

Sweet, getting my second U2410 in this week to pair with my existing 2407WFP_HC and U2410. Good to know that the 10.3 beta's bezel software should work.

hmm, does the bezel management option only available for users w/ 3 lcds? b/c I don't have that option when using eyefinity for 2 lcds =(

I still wish ATI had clearer driver revision numbers for their betas, hotfixes, and final releases.

I still wish ATI had clearer driver revision numbers for their betas, hotfixes, and final releases.

This. 10.1, 10.1+1st HF, 10.1+1st+2nd HFs all showed the same 10.1. I know some other number showed the difference, though.

But I can't wait for the 10.3s to be released.

While the 10.2s made my computer stable (I was always stable gaming, but with GSOD at the desktop), but after noticing that Powerplay does what it wants when you play a game (adjust the clocks all them time, especially older games), and thinking this was affecting my framerate (I couldn't keep a steady 60fps on Doom3, even though MSI Afterburner showed less than 25% GPU usage all of the time...), I decided to try the CCC profile "fix" that forced my clocks to always stay at 875/1300 (XFX XXX 5870).

This caused my computer to GSOD, stay there a few minutes, come back to the desktop saying the driver failed or something and that the driver had restarted, GSOD again, wait a few minutes, driver failed/restarted, wash rince repeat for half an hour.

So, I can't force the clocks without my computer going nuts and going into a GSOD loop.

ATi either needs to address Powerplay causing poor performance in older games due to Powerplay freaking out, or just give us the option to turn it off when necessary.

But stability-wise, the 10.2s seem to have finally worked for me. I say this as future drivers had best not break this... Hopefully ATi's getting some good information from the problematic cards returned to them that 10.2 didn't address for some users.

I installed the 10.3 preview, but I still don't get the bezel management...I also notice that my CCC version didn't change either =(

ccci.jpg

I've had trouble getting installs on top of other Catalyst versions on several occasions. It'll look like it installed fine, but the version and driver package versions won't change.
Typically what I've had to do is use Driver Sweeper and then install the drivers using the command prompt program "Ati-install" or whatever it's called.

The only real way to tell most ATI driver revisions apart is the Packaging Version number...which is usually gibberish.

uninstalling now and hopefully this will fix my issue =D

Uninstall every bit of ATI you can find, even go into the program files and delete.
Go into SafeMode and run a driver cleaner.

Now load the 10.3 preview set.

You need to make an EyeFinity group (which can be two monitors of the same size) for the bezel management to show up.
I've read about others who have two monitors that have enabled Bez management.

did all that magoo and finally got bezel management...everything working great...it's a minor annoyance w/ the bezels...it's seriously the best gaming experience I've ever had...I can't wait to add a 3rd screen!...running 5120x1600 is really taxing my 5970...so I'm sure when I add another 30", I'm gonna have to add a 5870 or another 5970 to compensate

did all that magoo and finally got bezel management...everything working great...it's a minor annoyance w/ the bezels...it's seriously the best gaming experience I've ever had...I can't wait to add a 3rd screen!...running 5120x1600 is really taxing my 5970...so I'm sure when I add another 30", I'm gonna have to add a 5870 or another 5970 to compensate

Yeah, EyeFinity is the schizzle............:cool:

three 30' monitors would be pretty amazing.
I have three 24" and it makes me giggle every time I run a game.

I'm getting one of these to mount everything......http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/Ergotech_Triple_Desk_Stand_-_Featured_Review

Make sure and do some research on tri-fire/quadfire benches. I had two additional 5850s to go with my 5970, and soold them, as performance is VERY unsupported/inefficient with Eyefinity and more than 2 GPUs (at least in all the games I enjoy, i.e. Crysis/WH, Far Cry 2, MW2, Shift).

Just want to warn you before you plunk down an extra 300-600.00 like I did, only to find FPS is the same.

On a side note, yes, Eyefinity is the shiz-nit! :D

Make sure and do some research on tri-fire/quadfire benches. I had two additional 5850s to go with my 5970, and soold them, as performance is VERY unsupported/inefficient with Eyefinity and more than 2 GPUs (at least in all the games I enjoy, i.e. Crysis/WH, Far Cry 2, MW2, Shift).

Just want to warn you before you plunk down an extra 300-600.00 like I did, only to find FPS is the same.

On a side note, yes, Eyefinity is the shiz-nit! :D

wow, bummer to hear...b/c in GRID w/ 2x AA and 2x AF (I think those were the settings), I get an average 55-65 fps and that's w/ my current setup...so if I add another 2560x1600...I'm gonna have to turn down the eye candy down a LOT to get any decent fps

bummer indeed...

It is ironic that trifire works OK on a single monitor, when it really isn't necessary- but not where you need it most, with 3 x the pixels.

I am only running 3x22" IPS displays, so MOST of my games are playable at full tilt with a single 5970. (everything except for Crysis, of course, but it still works with a few tweaks)

But I can see with the pixels you will be pushing , you could really use the headroom! Mabye a future driver update will get us some much needed triple/quad GPU support!

bummer indeed...

It is ironic that trifire works OK on a single monitor, when it really isn't necessary- but not where you need it most, with 3 x the pixels.

I am only running 3x22" IPS displays, so MOST of my games are playable at full tilt with a single 5970. (everything except for Crysis, of course, but it still works with a few tweaks)

But I can see with the pixels you will be pushing , you could really use the headroom! Mabye a future driver update will get us some much needed triple/quad GPU support!

I think that's probably a driver deal, at present.
That said, if I run AvP full on with DX11 my EF setup is a slide show, it's unplayable.
To run full out I have to use DX9 which isn't nearly as pretty.

Anyone with tri/quadfire tried a different rendering mode( not AFR ) to see if that could be more efficient when you've more than 2 GPUs?

wow, bummer to hear...b/c in GRID w/ 2x AA and 2x AF (I think those were the settings), I get an average 55-65 fps and that's w/ my current setup...so if I add another 2560x1600...I'm gonna have to turn down the eye candy down a LOT to get any decent fps

Really? I'm running GRID at 5760x1200 with all the settings on high. I don't recall my AA and AF settings though. I do experience slow downs (30fps with vsync) on some maps when there are a lot of other racers on screen. Solution? GET IN FRONT.

Yes, it's strange. You notice the bezels more when bezel management is enabled but the games 'look' and 'feel' better with it.

It's something you need to try for yourself really.

I have it in my 10.3 Beta but how are you supposed to use it? LOL...Flame-suit on!

i ripped out all the ATI drivers and software, and installed just the 10.2 drivers, not CCC. Now everything works properly. No more freezing video in WMP or MPC. That figures. Stupid CCC had introduced video playback bugs like freezing and hitching when watching Flash videos, DVDs, video files, etc. Once I removed it, things got much smoother. Have a feeling it was the "smooth video playback" option or some other option in the video playback / avivo settings that causes problems.

Last edited:
Back