10-22 shots

fugu

[H]F Junkie
Here're a couple shots I took using the 10-22 I picked up last week:

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg

The wide angle is really fun to use =)

Nice lens choice. So you finally got it.. I almost see the same thing :)... (with my 11mm).

Isn't it crazy just how WIDE that is???? Sheesh, you can be soooo close to the subject and still incorporate it into the pics amongst other things... Crazy coverage.... You don't even need to back up or anything.... It just covers a wide distance.... I love my Wide angle lens!

O'Doyle said:
Nice lens choice. So you finally got it.. I almost see the same thing :)... (with my 11mm).

Isn't it crazy just how WIDE that is???? Sheesh, you can be soooo close to the subject and still incorporate it into the pics amongst other things... Crazy coverage.... You don't even need to back up or anything.... It just covers a wide distance.... I love my Wide angle lens!

Yeah, it's crazy how the perspective changes when you point it at an angle to frame things vs. translating horizintally or vertically. I'm doing a lot more moving and crouching than before.

Wow. I spotted that lens while looking through some other super-wdie zoom lenses and wondered how well it performed.
How about low-light performance?

Can we have a full-size pwease? :cool:

I can post some unprocessed crops from the corners and the center if you want, but I don't really have any fullsize jpegs that look good. I shoot in RAW and then resize to 1200x800 for the web. If you want those I can post them...

It's only a 3.5 so it's not great in low light, but it works okay. I'll try some longer exposures sometime, but my roommate is using my tripod this weekend so I won't be able to do any of those for a few days.

Might want to download PTLens to fix a bit of the distortion from the lens. The shots with buildings in them will thank you ;)

Back