• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1 Million point challenge

  • Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
SPT is 28

1727919182827.png
 
ODLK2025 got me to 57 total 1M projects. Currently this project is down. I may run it to 10M when the project is up and running again.

Thinking about running docker for the BOINC Central but need to setup new ubuntu install with ver 24.
 
Last edited:
ODLK2025 got me to 57 total 1M projects. Currently this project is down. I may run it to 10M when the project is up and running again.

Thinking about running docker for the BOINC Central but need to setup new ubuntu install with ver 24.
I've got one host running WSL
1753711746666.png
 
#58 for BOINC Central after setting up one SSD/PC with Ubuntu 24.0. Didn't get any success with Windows 11 as all my BOINC SSDs are still on Windows 10. Actually I don't mind running linux OS.
 
#58 for BOINC Central after setting up one SSD/PC with Ubuntu 24.0. Didn't get any success with Windows 11 as all my BOINC SSDs are still on Windows 10. Actually I don't mind running linux OS.
I have had a hard time getting BOINC Central set up on the linux systems. Seems I can't get docker sorted for this one. Any guides you recommend?
 
I have had a hard time getting BOINC Central set up on the linux systems. Seems I can't get docker sorted for this one. Any guides you recommend?
I followed this guide here: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/central/forum_thread.php?id=28 for linux

Are you having issue with launching the boinc manager or the project (boinc central) itself? Initially I had issue with the boinc manager (8.2.5) but using this command solves the issue on launching boinc manager.
Code:
sudo usermod -aG boinc your_username_here

I did a fresh install for ubuntu 24.04.3 as I don't want to mess up with my older ubuntu version. Make sure you have podman installed on your PC by clicking on "Details" in your boinc central account. I think anything higher than Podman version 4.9.3 will work. Just my guess as I notice that there are newer Podman versions available.
Code:
CPU type    AuthenticAMD
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor [Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0]
Number of cores    32
Coprocessors    NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (1985MB) driver: 550.99
Virtualization    ---
Docker    Podman version 4.9.3
Operating System    Linux Ubuntu
Ubuntu 24.04.3 LTS [6.14.0-33-generic|libc 2.39]
BOINC version    8.2.5
 
Isn't BOINC Central just another version of Science United and both by David Anderson? Haven't dug far enough into it to care after seeing his name on it.
 
Project.

Manager is fine and other projects running. BC kept giving me docker error message, even after following the instructions on the BOINC site to install podman and verify it was installed.

Something wrong with my systems when using these instructions:
Install Podman
Some BOINC projects use Docker to package their applications. We recommend that you install Podman, an open-source version of Docker. To do so:

sudo apt install podman
sudo usermod --add-subuids 100000-165535 --add-subgids 100000-165535 boinc
 
Project.

Manager is fine and other projects running. BC kept giving me docker error message, even after following the instructions on the BOINC site to install podman and verify it was installed.

Something wrong with my systems when using these instructions:
Looking at one of your hosts: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/central/show_host_detail.php?hostid=42251, no Podman was installed. See "Docker ---" at least according to BM.
1761602368330.png



Here is mine. I think Ubuntu 24.04.3 may come with pre-installed Podman and I think the linux gnome has minimal packages that goes along with it. BM 8.2.4 should work too at least from what I read but if it doesn't work, try 8.2.5 (alpha version). Anyway, I've this on a separate SSD, so easy to do a clean install.
1761602560146.png
 
Isn't BOINC Central just another version of Science United and both by David Anderson? Haven't dug far enough into it to care after seeing his name on it.
Yeah...I think basically it is. Science United is more for those looking for an extremely dumbed down way to support science. BOINC Central is being set up using the latest and greatest which typically requires more technical setups. IE: setting up WSL/podman vs just logging into an account.
 
Back
Top