1.5TB 7200RPM 69.99$ AMR

Make sure you put "AR" in the title if a mail-in rebate is required for listed price.

Tiger Direct is a den of thieves.

Before you guys jump on this deal. Do recall that these 1.5 Seagates have an abnormal high failure rate, go recall reviews from NewEgg.

I have the 2for$200 dell deal Hard Drives from at least a year ago still going strong.

Before you guys jump on this deal. Do recall that these 1.5 Seagates have an abnormal high failure rate, go recall reviews from NewEgg.

I think those were with the old firmware.
I ve got 1 and its going good since 7-8 months.

CC1H firmware drives are OK. Got them running for a few months now and no errors and/or strange behavior. Don't put these on an Nforce 4 though.

Too bad it is limited to 1 per household. Makes getting the Bing CB on top of this harder. Good deal still.

Bit on this one. You get free ship for >$100. So add this filler for $0.49 and save the ~$7 shipping.

Ultra Retractable Cord RJ-11 Modem Cable 1 $ 0.49 $ 0.49

Add $12.3% BCB, search for "tiger direct"

So...

$100.48 check out
- $30 mir
- $12.36 BCB
+ free ship
------------------------------
$57.63 shipped and no tax to CA

--> 3.8c / GB that's about half the current street price

THIS DEAL SHOULD BE ULTRA HOT! Can't comment on the failure rate so do your due diligence, but I'm hoping they have solved the problems. I've had a Maxtor/Seagate drive go bad on me and Seagate swapped it out without any problems. They actually upgraded me from a 500GB to a 750GB. So great price for a 7200rpm drive with 32MB cache, but some production issues. Make sure to check out their website when you get the drive for new firmware or other safety notes.

Last edited:
Too bad it is limited to 1 per household. Makes getting the Bing CB on top of this harder. Good deal still.

Send the other one to your gf, parents, friend, coworker, next door neighbor, son/daughter, etc. :D I'm tempting to get 4 of these.

I'm running four, youngest one is five months old now no issue. Another is 9 months (replaced one that wasn't really working, it hadn't fully crashed yet, but it was obscenely slow and making click noises, so I sent it in for a replacement no issue). Other two are a full year old. So all doing better for me than WD of which I lost three of three drives within a year (then proceeded to sell all the warranty replacements).

So yeah, if four wasn't all I wanted, I would be all over this.

I'm still not buying Seagate after all the firmware issues and what happened to some of my RL and non-RL friends.

I will note that their customer service is A+ though.

Such a tempting price BLAH

most people would think, omg tiger direct AND seagate drive = double negative!

however i've had seagates for a while, and even the recent 500g ones w/ no issues, plus BCB is huge

can search for HDTV too, for TD 12%

idk, i personally hate TD so i'm passing, if this was newegg, i'd buy asap.

CC1H firmware drives are OK. Got them running for a few months now and no errors and/or strange behavior. Don't put these on an Nforce 4 though.

I've had three CC1H 1.5TB HDDs and all three displayed an elevated reallocated sector count.

Not sure what people have against TD? For folks that live in CA, NewEgg isn't really an option due to the sales tax (ok, some deals are nice but I've got a Fry's and MC near me so it has to be good).

TD has some really good deals. I used to think their catalog and advertising looked really cheap (e.g. not PC techy enough like NewEgg and like they didn't know what they were doing), but their pricing (w/ BCB and free ship) is one of the best for CA customers. I've bough 2 refurb PCs, 2 SSDs, HD tuner, fans and now this deal.

I've made mistake ordering a couple times and I always get someone on the phone quickly to cancel the order. No hassle. Ok, haven't gotten a DOA yet (fingers xxx) so I can't really tell how good their CS is on that account, but in this case I'll get it swapped out by Seagate if I am not happy.

Know your vendors and shop were you get the best deals. BTW, I talked to a guy who used to work at a HDD company, he said that the only drives that give you some level of confidence are the ones sold to big companies like HP, DELL, etc. All e/retailers get the same quality and I should never get the latest technology (e.g. 2TB). Go for the oldest if you want reliability (e.g. 500GB), by then the production is mature. Think about it, at <$100 for a drive how much testing can you really do?

$100.48 check out
- $40 mir
- $12.36 BCB
+ free ship
$48.12 shipped and no tax to CA

--> 3.2c / GB that's about half the current street price

Your math is a little off, it should be 58.12 for it is a 30 dollar mail in rebate not a 40

I was gonna say, I just got a 500Gb for $48, if only I had waited, lol... of course $58 isn't bad either :)

Fixed the calc. Sorry about that.

$100.48 check out
- $30 mir
- $12.36 BCB
+ free ship

I love TD mainly cause they usually have free shipping on $100 or more and I usually get next day if I order early enough cause the one in chicago is 3 hour drive from me.

i have had great luck with the 7200.11 drives. i love them, i might just pick up another considering i paid 4x more for this same one 2 years ago.

I was about to pull the trigger and then I thought "How do you send in the UPC for the rebate on an OEM drive?"

Bit on this one. You get free ship for >$100. So add this filler for $0.49 and save the ~$7 shipping.

Ultra Retractable Cord RJ-11 Modem Cable 1 $ 0.49 $ 0.49

Add $12.3% BCB, search for "tiger direct"

So...

$100.48 check out
- $30 mir
- $12.36 BCB
+ free ship

THIS DEAL SHOULD BE ULTRA HOT! Can't comment on the failure rate so do your due diligence, but I'm hoping they have solved the problems. I've had a Maxtor/Seagate drive go bad on me and Seagate swapped it out without any problems. They actually upgraded me from a 500GB to a 750GB. So great price for a 7200rpm drive with 32MB cache, but some production issues. Make sure to check out their website when you get the drive for new firmware or other safety notes.

I searched Bing for Tiger Direct and it says 8-10% cash back not 12-15%. Numbers might might be off yet again. ::cheers::

In for 1. Was just looking for a back-up to my two 640 GBs RAID 0 array.

I have horrible experience with seagate, and not just once or two....

but this is hard to say no.. I might bite it...

I'm getting 12.3%. Type into Bing.com, "Tigerdirect".

wow, that's odd. If I do what you said it comes up with 12.3% but if you go under shopping and cashback stores list it says 8-10%.

btw, I approve of Seagate. All my drives are Seagate and I have never had a problem.

Good deal, but the multiplatter 7200.11's had pretty high failure rates, i rma'd my 2 500gb drives 6 times(4 times on one drive 2 times on the other) before them upgrading me to 7200.12's.

Yeah the possibility of losing 1.5TB of data is really putting me off from buying this. Especially because I'm planning to use it as a BACKUP drive

Back