Microsoft Officially Launches Outlook.com

HardOCP News

[H] News
Today, Microsoft Corp. announced that its highly popular email service, Outlook.com, is ready for prime time. Since the release of Outlook.com last summer as a preview, millions of people have already actively started using it, making it the world’s fastest growing email service, going from 0 to 60 million in just six months. Email is a critical part of our everyday lives; email plays a crucial role in how we get things done. Outlook.com was designed as an email service focused on removing barriers and simply getting people going. Outlook.com gets people going in four key areas:

• Delivering a beautiful, fresh and intuitive experience on modern browsers and devices
  • Keeping people connected with their friends and co-workers across the networks they really use
  • Providing a smart and powerful inbox to handle today’s email needs including SkyDrive for sharing virtually anything in a single email
  • Putting people in control by prioritizing their privacy

Meh, I wonder how many of those 60 million were automatically set up/migrated. At least two of those are mine that I never asked for. MSDN login and my old hotmail account I stopped using. Typical marketing turbines to full speed action.

Meh, I wonder how many of those 60 million were automatically set up/migrated. At least two of those are mine that I never asked for. MSDN login and my old hotmail account I stopped using. Typical marketing turbines to full speed action.

Considering they automatically updated nothing to outlook.Com im curious wtf you are talking about. You have to click the upgrade yourself to move to outlook.com.

That may change soon but as of right now you are full of shit.

Yeah, they ask me EVERY TIME I log into hotmail if I want to upgrade to Outlook.com, but I haven't done it yet.

Just to see how it looked and felt, I signed up back around July.. I liked its clean feel, so I went ahead and reserved all my prospective email addresses. So I take up about 10 of that 60million number.

Now that its out of beta I'll probably use it more. Though with what I read earlier this morning about pushing ads, I may not.

Considering they automatically updated nothing to outlook.Com im curious wtf you are talking about. You have to click the upgrade yourself to move to outlook.com.

That may change soon but as of right now you are full of shit.

The first part of your reply wasn't in English. But no, I am not full of shit. Believe what you like. I never clicked upgrade or convert or anything. Go to hotmail.com, login, its outlook.com with all your old emails there. Logged in with my MSDN account, no setup, so signup, no nothing. Heres your account!!!

I converted my hotmail account a while back, and while it seems to work a little faster, mostly it's just like a new skin for hotmail to me. Except that now I have to keep reloading the page to see If I have new mail - hotmail used to show the number of new mails on the hotmail Tab. I sent in a feedback about it.

I wonder if this means clicking calendar doesn't still drop you into the old windows live calendar. Oh joy

This is one of the few things Microsoft has gotten right lately. I like this new interface much better.

ah so that's the name of the new theme that was applied to my Live account without asking me.

I love the new Outlook.com stuff. A few little annoyances, but miles ahead of Hotmail. Calender isn't updated to Outlook.com yet, but hopefully it comes soon. Gmail still does that better. Email, it's a toss up. I love GMail, but Outlook isn't bad at all.

I kinda like it. Been using it for a few months and it's definitely a little quicker, even with a shaky connection.
I wish they'd use that interface with the Windows 8 mail program. No easy way to delete bulk mail? C'mon man!

I have tried outlook.com for a week, amd didn't like it.

If MS can just remove ads in hotmail, most of its problems may be solved.

Back