Is Pheed the New Twitter?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Followers of the latest and greatest will undoubtedly be flocking to a new social network. Pheed and its followers called Pheeders (Catchy, no?) :D are starting to make noise around the Internet. Pheed is free to use, or if you prefer to be on the real inner circle, can choose to actually pay for content.

Somehow, the startup got over 200 taste-makers and celebs to sign up for the site—and quickly! Pheed only launched a few days ago and has already hit over 350,000 unique visitors

sheep.jpg

Sheep Pheeding

someone is going to get sued.

Apple already patented iPheed. Its what all the sheep are eating these days.

Thanks for the heads up Major. Another terrible site that caters to the extremely narcissistic added to my routers filter. :D

Users can charge anywhere from $1.99 to $34.99 per view, or $1.99 to $34.99 per month. In both cases, the user selects their own pricing and owns all of the content.

So basically no one is going to use this.

The folks at Pheed see a lot of problems with current social networks –namely, the fact that users are somewhat limited on Twitter, or bored of Facebook. There’s just too much noise, and that means most of the content quality is poor.

People post shit on social networks because that is what they want to do. People like the noise and attention whoring, otherwise they wouldn't participate in it. This looks like a misguided attempt at an elitist social network.

whoopie! Miley Cyrus has some bonus footage!

"thank you sir may I have another"

Paris Hilton pheed is funnnnn :D Love my sunglasses, kittens, dogs, bag , hair, look, snoop...

So ironic that Pheed is going for "quality" content and the most popular things so far are Paris Hilton and Miley Cyrus...

Also they need to reduce the side of the portrait pics.

I will agree with them on one thing:

Free creates shit content.

Thats why paying for a Genmay sub is the best thing
you can do on the Internet

<waits for his custom title>

I will agree with them on one thing:

Free creates shit content.

Thats why paying for a Genmay sub is the best thing
you can do on the Internet

<waits for his custom title>
stiltner [H]ard Ass-kisser

I Think that one would work quite well given your post. J/K :D.

Social networking is dead. It'll be a niche market like blogging and those free websites everybody had in the 90s. Sure, it'll exist in some form, and some people are going to use it, but I don't see another successful Myspace or Facebook knockoff coming out anytime soon since that format has gotten stale. The vast majority of people don't feel like posting content nonstop, and without that constant sharing, it gets boring really fast. At least things like Pinterest have some sort of utility, but what does a Facebook really offer people?

Who wants to make a site called Phed-Up that lets people bash the stupid crap that gets posted on Pheed?

There is but one use for sites like Twitter. and that is asking the Linus and the Deadmau5 questions during live streams. :D

I think I'll pass. It want's access to my facebook to post on my behalf...IE: Spam everyone, plus you have to pay what ever anyone sets, starting at $1.99 to view video's?

Not happening, I don't even do pay per view on the TV.

I'll pass on it and leave the pheeding phrenzy to the vast school of suckers out there. :D

I think this could actually be interesting.. not for crap like harris pilton and other celeb as there mostly all idiots anyway..

But for actual writers.. Say you have someone who is an extremely capable writer of short stories & normally has to jocky to get published into a magazine once a year& makes 100,000 off of that one story & it is read by say 2,000,000 readers, but the other dozens of stories they write through the year, some of which may of been even better then the original either go unread, or simply get released for free as they have nothing else to do with it.

With the pheed model they may have 100k people following there pheed & paying 2.00 a month for it. I am sure pheed takes a healthy cut & leaves the author with lets say 50% so that would then be 100k a month to the author of these stories..

I think this could actually be interesting.. not for crap like harris pilton and other celeb as there mostly all idiots anyway..

But for actual writers.. Say you have someone who is an extremely capable writer of short stories & normally has to jocky to get published into a magazine once a year& makes 100,000 off of that one story & it is read by say 2,000,000 readers, but the other dozens of stories they write through the year, some of which may of been even better then the original either go unread, or simply get released for free as they have nothing else to do with it.

With the pheed model they may have 100k people following there pheed & paying 2.00 a month for it. I am sure pheed takes a healthy cut & leaves the author with lets say 50% so that would then be 100k a month to the author of these stories..

The Pheed EULA states a 50% cut of user subscription fees goes back to Pheed.

When you leave Pheed do you get to yell:

Pheed at last, Pheed at last, thank God Almighty I'm Pheed at last.

:D

Back