GTA V Screenshots

Looks like they're keeping the GTA4 "realism".

This one better not suck as bad as 4.

What didn't you like about 4? I thought it was one of the better GTA games.

It took itself too seriously and added too much complexity for a game that was made famous for just going around and blowing shit up. Mayhem isn't supposed to be complicated.

It also lost it's "cartoonyness".

While I liked IV, I wished it were more campy like the previous GTAs. It was gritty, Niko was a badass, but I just wished it were funnier at times. It was just so serios.

What didn't you like about 4? I thought it was one of the better GTA games.

It had less stuff to do than ones like San Andreas. The story was also pretty crap, the protagonist was pretty crap and his cousin was one of the most annoying people in games. I wanted to kill him myself early on in the game.

Hopefully better helicopters, ability to fly planes, and skydive, then parachute to safety.

Also a better choice for an ending than ether way being complete crap (no ME3 wasn't the first for a sucky multiple ending that was the same for only one minor difference).

GTA V has one job, and one job alone: distracting people from Saint's Row 3.

If they can't do that, they deserve to fail.

GTA4 was nice -- the one thing that made it REALLY nice was the IceEnhancer shader mod that finally became mature over the past 6 months or so. GTA4 1920X1080p with all the eye candy turned on looks amazingly realistic. My crossfire setup handles it just barely. I'm sure the code is messy and not near as efficient as it could have been if it was made from teh ground up to support such things.

Either way -- this will be a day one purchase for me. I've loved every GTA game, and why are people already bitching about the stereotyping - the game hits pretty much EVERY race in terms of stereotyping, which makes it more real IMO.

In GTA4 I was disappointed that you couldn't use a baseball bat while riding the Vespa scooter lol

It took itself too seriously and added too much complexity for a game that was made famous for just going around and blowing shit up. Mayhem isn't supposed to be complicated.

Personally prefer the realism. Didn't care for going on man-dates with Roman, Internet cafes, and shit, though. Cartoonyness, whackiness, etc. is now Saints Row's domain; they tried so hard to out-do GTA at it that it seems Rockstar let them have that segment.

Those screens look good at first glance, but closer inspection reveals ugly things that make it seem as though these are current gen console screens.

-Blocky legs and arms on bicycle rider.

-Simple skin texture on bicycle rider.

-Muddy tree texture in car picture.

-"Paper" leaves/branch textures on trees in car texture.

-Simple light post texture in car picture.

-Fairly bad aliasing in car picture.

- Simple texture/coloring on Jet.

- Relatively bad aliasing on Jet despite blur effect (especially noticeable on the wings).

If these screens are next gen console, I won't be spending any money next gen.

I'd sure love to see Rockstar put together a game that was driven by more than climbing the criminal ladder.

Can they fix the broken character movement and combat? I'm tired of having a character who moves like he's drunk.

Those screens look good at first glance, but closer inspection reveals ugly things that make it seem as though these are current gen console screens.

-Blocky legs and arms on bicycle rider.

-Simple skin texture on bicycle rider.

-Muddy tree texture in car picture.

-"Paper" leaves/branch textures on trees in car texture.

-Simple light post texture in car picture.

-Fairly bad aliasing in car picture.

- Simple texture/coloring on Jet.

- Relatively bad aliasing on Jet despite blur effect (especially noticeable on the wings).

If these screens are next gen console, I won't be spending any money next gen.

Dude, you didn't need to go through all of that. Just take a look at the pavement.......enough said right there. Also, this is for current get consoles and PC.

I'd sure love to see Rockstar put together a game that was driven by more than climbing the criminal ladder.

GTA4? Niko hardly climbs that ladder.

One of my favorite R* games…Bully. No criminal ladder there

Don't jump to conclusions on this too fast, guys.

I'm banking on these being PC shots, just that the textures were created to fit into console RAM and the excuse for everything else ugly is that it's still using the same old engine with zero improvements so expect the PC port to require a few server-class CPUs to run it.

What minority class they will stereotype? Your kidding. I guess you're clueless about what breeds people to rob, murder, kill, steal and rape. It's called poverty for the most part. Or countries with a poor economy. The bad guys and we all know who they are are bad people for very clear reasons. All supported by math. And math doesn't lie. The statistics are out there for anyone to review. What's even better than statistics is just plain ol' good fashioned common sense.

Besides, I played all of those games and all races were EQUALLY represented as bad people.

Anyways, the game looks fantastic.

I wouldn't put too much stock into any perception of stereotypes with Rockstar games. These stories and characters aren't eloquently told, but you'd be hard pressed to find any underlying malice.

I liked IV, but I also liked VC & SA, I missed the ability to buy up properties and having minigames that actually did something for you (i.e. double health, or armor, or unlimited sprint, etc etc) that seemed to be missing from GTA4, also could have done without the whole relationship bit in GTA4, not that some of the perks weren't useful it was just annoying as hell that you're rushing across the city to go do something and here comes a phone call "Hey you want to hang out" "Uh I'm kind of busy" "oh ok..." *relationship goes down* should have been all 1 way i.e. you instigate it not them.

First glance is really all you need. When the game is in motion I doubt you'd notice the problems. You'd be focused on playing it.

Only truly nitpicky people pause games or movies in order to locate all of the graphical artifacts.

I liked IV, but I also liked VC & SA, I missed the ability to buy up properties and having minigames that actually did something for you (i.e. double health, or armor, or unlimited sprint, etc etc) that seemed to be missing from GTA4, also could have done without the whole relationship bit in GTA4, not that some of the perks weren't useful it was just annoying as hell that you're rushing across the city to go do something and here comes a phone call "Hey you want to hang out" "Uh I'm kind of busy" "oh ok..." *relationship goes down* should have been all 1 way i.e. you instigate it not them.

One thing I wish they would do, is allow you to customize the vehicles.

IV wasn't honestly bad, it was just lacking stuffs from the previous games that most got used too.

I think im getting old, I remember a time back where we didn't judge a game because of its graphics :D

Don't jump to conclusions on this too fast, guys.

I'm banking on these being PC shots, just that the textures were created to fit into console RAM and the excuse for everything else ugly is that it's still using the same old engine with zero improvements so expect the PC port to require a few server-class CPUs to run it.

So the upgraded engine that MP3 shipped on doesn't actually exist?

I think it lost its mayhem/cartoonyness because of another entry into the genre that took the cartoonyness to a level that GTA just couldn't match that was releasing content more frequently: See Saints Row 1-4. Rockstar's best hope was providing a 'arguably' better product that concentrated on Realism.

I do like how realism gets bumped up a notch... really loved (sarcasm) in Vice City how if you fell in the water you died... seriously the world was literally a couple islands. They got things right in San Andreas, and the realism continued if you used a weapon a lot you got better with it, you ate a ton of fast food you got fat. The only realism they tossed into GTAIV was the physics engine it seemed.

Back