Meteorite Crashes Through Roof of “Comette” Family

HardOCP News

[H] News
What are the odds of this happening? A meteorite hits the Comette family home? Heh, you can't make stuff like this up.

After noticing a leak in the roof, the Comette family came to learn that their home had been struck by something not-of-this-Earth. Martine Comette of the coincidentally-named household on the outskirts of Paris reached out to Alain Carion, a mineral expert, to investigate the strange material after a roofer suggested it was unlike anything he'd seen before. Carion's tests identified that the source of the mysterious damage was a 3.5 ounce meteorite that is believed to be 4.57 billion years old.

I'm not superstitious but, if your last name is Lotterai, you should probably get your ass down to the convenience store and buy some lottery tickets. :D

Steve Lynch - nothing good can come from your last name.

Reporting on a 4.57 billion year old comet crashing through the roof of someone also named comet is pissing people off? Sheesh. Steve, less posting of this, get your ass down to Intel and engineer up some new hardware that you guys can review! It isn't like we're in between major CPU / GPU cycles or anything. :p

Reporting on a 4.57 billion year old comet crashing through the roof of someone also named comet is pissing people off? Sheesh. Steve, less posting of this, get your ass down to Intel and engineer up some new hardware that you guys can review! It isn't like we're in between major CPU / GPU cycles or anything. :p

8gb non EEC dimms just appeared in my localish computer stores website :eek:

Buuut theres always new stuff! What doesn't really make any sense, is that people are always saying "you have more chance of being hit by a meteorite than you do of winning the lottery". But all over the world several people win lotteries every single week...yet noone gets hit by meteors...:( This near miss is sure to get people pissy. I demand results!!!

8gb non EEC dimms just appeared in my localish computer stores website :eek:

Buuut theres always new stuff! What doesn't really make any sense, is that people are always saying "you have more chance of being hit by a meteorite than you do of winning the lottery". But all over the world several people win lotteries every single week...yet noone gets hit by meteors...:( This near miss is sure to get people pissy. I demand results!!!

Spilled my coffee reading this reply :D <3

I am humbled by anything that old. Insignificant our little lives in time compared to the universe.

Just imagine how it felt to be that rock, gliding through space for over 4 billion years, never to decay, never to erode, just utter boredom of looking at the vast nothingness for billions of years - then suddenly our planet gets in the way.

Back