DirectX 11 Tessellation Package For Crysis 2

HardOCP News

[H] News
After last week's false start, the DirectX 11 tessellation package and high-res texture pack for Crysis 2 is finally available. No, I'm not kidding and yes I clicked the links myself this time, it really is available now (site is pretty slow at the moment).

I like presents, but isn't this a present that I paid for myself?

I just looked at lunch, and I think Steam has already updated C2 on my system. I will check it out when I get home from work. It will be interesting to see the differences, but I doubt I will play through again. I probably will fire up the game play around with the settings and then move on. I did not think the single player was that bad, but I do not see myself playing through this game multiple times like I did the first one.

"Son, I'll buy you the best present you've ever gotten!"

later:
"Son, can you lend me some money?"

shortly after:
"There you go son, a gift for you! A remote controlled car!"
"There's no batteries dad.."
"But look how shiny it is!"

much much later:
"Son, a second gift for you! Batteries!!"
"Yeah, whatever dad."
"You ungrateful little... you should thank me for allowing you to fully enjoy your gift."

I was planning on getting this on steam once it was on sale. I'm a little disappointed that it was removed from the steam store recently.

You read my mind, or vice versa

I don't even own the game and I'm downloading the patches.

why? You have zero stake in this anyway, no one was shafted. We the owners of the game bought it fully-informed anyway. Go rally some pointless petition site.

Same. As an informed purchaser I am happy to see these bonuses!

I've been waiting for this patch before I even played it, I bought it the first week it came out. I literally bought it, downloaded it on Steam, then read up on it a little bit. I was just like...DAMMIT! Hopefully it's a pretty decent game at least.

Glad I went with the 3GB lightnings because so far with my cards are pulling over 2400MB of vram at 5760 x 1200 resolution with everything on ultra settings. My frame rates are between 15 and 39.

The Crysis series reminds me of Music albums, the last track always sucks, to create an illusion that the others were good.

Glad I went with the 3GB lightnings because so far with my cards are pulling over 2400MB of vram at 5760 x 1200 resolution with everything on ultra settings. My frame rates are between 15 and 39.

Nice! Dying for kepler now....

why? You have zero stake in this anyway, no one was shafted. We the owners of the game bought it fully-informed anyway. Go rally some pointless petition site.

Getting upset because of what he wrote, is exactly the same as him getting upset at what someone else has posted. Not only is your post hypocritical in this regard, but also, telling him to "rally some pointless petition site." is again silly, since you yourself are doing essentially the same thing in your response (Making your pointless opinion visible.). Your imagined mindset of him is basically identical to your own, you're hating on yourself.

Maybe I will go back and replay the game .... this should have been included with game, on release.

I want to play Crysis 2 but I want it on my Steam account... am I totally SOL now? Can I buy a retail copy and register it on Steam?

I want to play Crysis 2 but I want it on my Steam account... am I totally SOL now? Can I buy a retail copy and register it on Steam?
No. There has only been one non Valve non Steamworks game to ever allow this IIRC.

That was Unreal 3. Which had Steamworks added after the fact.

Getting upset because of what he wrote, is exactly the same as him getting upset at what someone else has posted. Not only is your post hypocritical in this regard, but also, telling him to "rally some pointless petition site." is again silly, since you yourself are doing essentially the same thing in your response (Making your pointless opinion visible.). Your imagined mindset of him is basically identical to your own, you're hating on yourself.

No, because I actually own and bought the game. NEXT!

No. There has only been one non Valve non Steamworks game to ever allow this IIRC.

That was Unreal 3. Which had Steamworks added after the fact.

I bought my game off of Steam within the first week it came out, however I know it's not offered on there anymore. I'm unsure why they would take it off like that, it's unfortunate for people wanting the game on their steam.

SLI Lighting Xtreme Bros

*highfive*

Either you don't get it and need the obvious stated to you or you did get it and needed to state the obvious... in either case...

Let him have his bit of gamer revenge and allow him to stick it to them... the company obviously deserves it. **grumbles something about a gift**

Nice - just fired up my box and it looks like Steam is proactively patching C2 in the background with patch 1.9! Woot!

I love the posts of people bitching and moaning they cant use the DX11 stuff or textures on their 'bitching rig' that has Windows XP 32bit installed. Or 32bit anything.

who runs 64bit windows anymore anyway? thats not very [H]

Work great in SLI, lost a couple of FPS but this is not Dragon Age 2 LOL!

Screenshots (only 2)

EXTREME

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4192/crysis22011062714401062mm.jpg http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6506/crysis22011062714402390.jpg[/IMG

ULTRA

[IMG]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4192/crysis22011062714401062mm.jpg http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6506/crysis22011062714402390.jpg

crysis22011062714401062mm.jpg

crysis22011062714402390.jpg

It's 50% off on Origin. At least if that sale is still going.
I'd prefer to have all my games on Steam :( And EA wants 59.99 for it on Origin right now. No way.

I really think EA is shooting themselves in the foot over Steam.

I'd prefer to have all my games on Steam :( And EA wants 59.99 for it on Origin right now. No way.

I really think EA is shooting themselves in the foot over Steam.

That's $30 with 50% off coupon. Not a bad price.

Hey EA! I would have bought Crysis 2 today if it was on Steam! When the novelty of this patch wears off (probably in the next 5 minutes), I will no longer feel like playing it. Losers.

Hey EA! I would have bought Crysis 2 today if it was on Steam! When the novelty of this patch wears off (probably in the next 5 minutes), I will no longer feel like playing it. Losers.

If only EA was responsible for your pain, but they're not. Steam didn't like Crytek's deal with GameSpy and pulled the game.
Official statement from EA, Valve still hasn't responded.

"Son, I'll buy you the best present you've ever gotten!"

later:
"Son, can you lend me some money?"

shortly after:
"There you go son, a gift for you! A remote controlled car!"
"There's no batteries dad.."
"But look how shiny it is!"

much much later:
"Son, a second gift for you! Batteries!!"
"Yeah, whatever dad."
"You ungrateful little... you should thank me for allowing you to fully enjoy your gift."

lol that made my day....my backlog is big as anybode elses here. So i haven't touched the game yet. At least i get to enjoy it in dx11 glory now. When i get around to it >.>

Back