Recent content by zeta

  1. Z

    How quiet is the MSI 8600 GTS?

    The product I'm referring to is the dual-slot 8600 GTS at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127284 Reviews aren't very conclusive: http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h1216.htm says it's not very quiet. http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2105&page=3 thinks...
  2. Z

    P180 fan issues make me want tissues

    If it's just the fan vibrating against the case, you could always try rubber fan screws?
  3. Z

    Arctic Silver 5 lifetime

    How long does the stuff last if it's not applied? I've had two tubes from 2004 that I never finished using, and I'm wondering if they'll still be good.
  4. Z

    Hot - e6600 $235 shipped @ ZZF

    e6700's at 340.90 on ZZF now!
  5. Z

    Gigabyte Silent 8600GTS @ ewiz.com $210

    It gets worse. I just checked my autocomplete history on this computer (this was the computer I bought the 8600 GTS on). I recall Googling the part # to make sure it was the right one. Sure enough, the part # in the autocomplete history on this computer is GV-NX86S256H ... not GV-NX86S256H-B...
  6. Z

    QUIET card for new computer?

    If you can find it... it's sold out everywhere. I thought eWiz.com was carrying the silent version of the card on launch day, but I just got it today, and it's the regular fan-cooled version :mad:
  7. Z

    Gigabyte Silent 8600GTS @ ewiz.com $210

    The Gigabyte 8600 GTS I ordered from eWiz just came in. Unfortunately... it is *not* the Silent Pipe version! I got the regular version with a fan. Doh. Any suggestions on what to do? I've emailed them, and I'm currently waiting for a response. This is the page that was up when I bought it...
  8. Z

    z-5500 speaker stands

    I've done a bunch of research, and I finally found a post on Logitech's forum. A guy claims that the Sanus EFSat and HF1 stands both work, as long as you get the optional EFB bracket mounting (http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2028). I'll try it out and see how...
  9. Z

    Audigy 2 ZS Digital Out Problem

    You need to use the 6-channel direct analog connection if you want positional sound in games and the like, since the Audigy can't encode 6-channel sound to DTS/DD. Since I've read that the digital coax/optical connection is better for movies and music (especially for movies, since the DTS/DD...
  10. Z

    XtremeMusic, HD555 & Z-5500

    If I have an older sound card (Audigy 2), will I still be able to connect to the digital coax input on the z-5500 using the RCA adapter? And will it actually be surround sound?
  11. Z

    z-5500 speaker stands

    I've seen a few past threads on this, but there doesn't seem to be anything definitive. I don't want to take the feet off the speakers, since I've read there's a nut inside that will fall off and make them impossible to re-attach. Is there a "standard" bracket that will attach to the...
Back
Top