Recent content by zephyr

  1. Z

    What new drives to add to existing array??

    I live in Norway and these drives are discontinued here. The 4TB model is an option. These ones are too expensive in Norway for some reason. I have done a search on a Norwegian pricegrabber type site and this is what i found: Hitachi Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS30003272SE 64MB 3TB -7200rpm drive...
  2. Z

    What new drives to add to existing array??

    Hi. Today I have 7 Hitachi HDS5C3030ALA630 on a Areca 1280ML. Space is soon running out and I need a few new drives. The problem is that these drives are discontinued and I don't know what will be the best match. Any ideas?? I'm running Disc Capasity Truncation Mode at 10G so I guess...
  3. Z

    2008 R2 Server: Old and new computer name.

    I deleted a Host (A) record under hjemme.domain, but this had no effect. Do you have a more detailed guide of how I can do this??
  4. Z

    2008 R2 Server: Old and new computer name.

    I tried to use netdom to change the name. I used this command. netdom renamecomputer WIN-GE023SOGBVU /newname:SERVER /userD:HJEMME\Administrator /passwordD:MyPassword /userO:HJEMME\Administrator /passwordO:MyPassword /force /reboot:60 The command completed successfully, but i still have...
  5. Z

    2008 R2 Server: Old and new computer name.

    Well, I have a DNS server which have the old name. In AD everything seems to have the new name. Is the DNS server my problem here?
  6. Z

    2008 R2 Server: Old and new computer name.

    I have a 2008 R2 Server running AD-DS, DHCP, DNS and some other things. The problem I have is that the server is listed twice in Network Places with two different names. I changed the name of the server somewhere inbetween adding the roles and now I have //Server and //WIN-XXXXXX having the...
  7. Z

    Areca 1280ML SLOW Init. 49% in 36 hours?

    I must admit I dont really know enough about stripe sizes. Is is better to use smaller size, like 32 or 64k? Changing it wouldnt affect the init time would it?
  8. Z

    Areca 1280ML SLOW Init. 49% in 36 hours?

    I made a new array of 6 x 3TB Hitachi 5K3000 drives in raid 6 and the initialization is taking forever. 49% in 36 hours? 72 hours in total? Configuration of array; Foreground Volume Set Name ARC-1280-VOL#01 Raid Set Name Raid Set # 01 Volume Capacity 12000.0GB SCSI Ch/Id/Lun 0/0/1 Raid...
  9. Z

    2-3TB drives for Areca 1280ML+some other things?

    Since I just got some money to burn i was thinking of maybe going for 4TB drives instead. Have anyone tested these on a 1280ML? I can find 5 different types of 4TB drives also. Which one is the kind to go for? Hitachi Deskstar H3IK40003254SE 32MB 4TB Hitachi Deskstar H3IK40003254SW...
  10. Z

    2-3TB drives for Areca 1280ML+some other things?

    What models of Hitachi drives is th most reliable on the 1280 now? Thinking of both 2 and 3 TB drives.
  11. Z

    2-3TB drives for Areca 1280ML+some other things?

    Hi. I have a Norco 4020 with 12xSeagate 1,5TB drives. These drives are from the ST31500340AS series and they are now starting to fail. I am looking for new drives to replace these so i have a couple of questions. I know this is not the best of times to buy new drives, but I don't know if I...
  12. Z

    Areca 1280ML : OCE question

    Hi.. I am going to OCE a 8x1,5TB Raid6 raid-set into a 12x1,5TB Raid6. Is there a rule for how many disks I can do each time? I guess, since it's a raid6 I would be ok with doing first to 10 drives and then to 12, but I'm not sure about this. What do people suggest?
  13. Z

    New Fusion-IO drive for gamers

    Looks cool though :D
  14. Z

    Something wierd with Areca raid6?

    Thanks for many good answers here. Seems like this is normal then? :D
  15. Z

    Something wierd with Areca raid6?

    I upgraded my server a couple of weeks ago to this; Asus DSBV-DX Serverboard Xeon 5410 12GB FB-DIMM Areca 1280ML w/2GB cache 8xSeagate 1.5TB (ST31500341AS) in Raid6 I thing I am getting some strange numbers here, but maybe this is normal? All tests was taken in a 3 min window...
Back
Top