• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by xuerebx

  1. X

    Is it safe to use c13 to c14 power cable extender to get a longer battery cord?

    That's s great explanation - I knew exactly which connector you were referring to without ever owning one :D
  2. X

    Is it safe to use c13 to c14 power cable extender to get a longer battery cord?

    Makes sense - I just wanted to be sure. I've just went with the second option and ordered a long cable. Thanks!
  3. X

    Is it safe to use c13 to c14 power cable extender to get a longer battery cord?

    I have an HP Omen 2019, and the power cable and battery pack, but the power cable (the top cable) is a bit short. I was wondering if: (1) I could use a Power Extension Cable - IEC C13 to C14 between the top cable and the battery pack to extend the length. (2) Alternatively, I can purchase a...
  4. X

    MSI gaming laptop

    Hey, once again thanks for your well thought out responses. You obviously make some great points regarding size and portability. HP does have a bigger presence in Malta I guess for obvious reasons (work laptops mainly). I'll be honest, the idea for getting a laptop isn't for portability or...
  5. X

    MSI gaming laptop

    I found the specs of this HP Omen 17: https://www.forestals.com/product/hp-omen-9th-generation-core-i7-16gb-1tbssd-gtx-17-3-laptop/ It seems to me that price for office this is better than the MSI GF75. 144Hz, more SSD space, and maybe HP have a better track record than MSI on build quality...
  6. X

    MSI gaming laptop

    It's the 1660 ti which I'm getting. I meant to show you that the GF75 has a particular configuration which utilises 120hz, as per attached.
  7. X

    MSI gaming laptop

    Thanks so much for finding the time to reply, much appreciated! I'm staying away from the GF63, I was focusing my research between the GL65 and GF75 this week. I called the shop and they told me the GF75 9SD-023 should be the 120hz version...
  8. X

    MSI gaming laptop

    I'm due for an upgrade as I bought my last gaming computer nearly 13 years ago (specs in my signature). It runs surprisingly 'well', but due to lack of video card driver support I'm getting random CTDs or just black screens which force restarts. So I now want a clean mobile setup i.e. a laptop...
  9. X

    Freezing - is this a video card issue?

    Thanks guys!
  10. X

    Freezing - is this a video card issue?

    Thanks for the link. The article was insightful. Conclusion: my PSU needs to be changed... 5 years ago.
  11. X

    Freezing - is this a video card issue?

    Cheers guys for taking your time to explain. You're all right - it's a pretty old rig but it's actually not too bad. But the components are getting old and weary so I can understand some of them need changing. Theoretically speaking, what does the PSU do that can cause problems? I mean I...
  12. X

    Freezing - is this a video card issue?

    I believe it's this: Hiper Type M 780W Review Hiper 780w PSU. It wasn't listed as 6.5 years ago (just checked its age) I had no idea that the PSU was really that important to list in the specs.
  13. X

    Freezing - is this a video card issue?

    I cleaned the tower yesterday although I'm not sure why it would heat up - plenty of space and there are a number of fans. With regards to bad caps - I'll check them out. Thanks. And yeah my rig is getting old (8 years I think) but I'd hate to let it go. I can play any games without hiccups -...
  14. X

    Freezing - is this a video card issue?

    Thanks for replying. I edited my post to include a screenshot of the exact time the computer froze again, and I left the catalyst control centre running to track the temperature. It crashed at 46*c - surely that's not high at all!
  15. X

    Freezing - is this a video card issue?

    Today suddenly out of the blue whilst I was playing Wasteland 2 the screen froze. I couldn't bring up task manager or do anything; the computer was totally unresponsive. The sound kept on playing though. Had to manually press the reset button but this kept happening when I tried to play the...
Back
Top