• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by xtremerunnerars

  1. X

    What component do I need? Just a mixer?

    Budget dorm room setup -- do I just need a mixer? Inputs: iPod PC Playstation 3 Currently have: DAC: Nuforce uDac-2 USB native bit rate: 32, 44.1, 48, and 96 kHz, 24-bit Maximum sampling rate: 96kHz Resolution: 24-bits Analog RCA Output = 2Vrms Dynamic Range: 90dB S/N Ratio: 98dB Digital...
  2. X

    Another LP2475w? Or something else?

    I've had an LP2475w for a little over a year now, and think it's time to get another IPS. Common sense led me to think another LP2475w would be a good choice, but should I consider anything else? I'm not against buying used, and I think $500 is about the most I'd be willing to spend. I'd...
  3. X

    Decided on AMD for build, need help!

    Yeah, I was just looking through the specs on newegg boards and what they said was supported. It looks like solid i7s can be had pretty cheaply with some searching and buying used from people who took good care of them. This has got me leaning slightly Intel atm, especially since I'm looking...
  4. X

    Decided on AMD for build, need help!

    Arg. It sucks that not many of the good-great Intel boards support i5 and i7. If I could go i5 and then jump to i7 later, then poof I'm sold I think. Triple channel ram would also be nice, and the idea of 3x sli/CF would be cool too. For the forseeable future though, I'd be dual at the max...
  5. X

    Decided on AMD for build, need help!

    You guys make some pretty strong points :-) As far as the build; I don't really have an official time to build. I've got the money now, but I'm moving 1400 miles in a few months and don't really know if i'll have room to bring a full tower with me. Plus everything will be at least somewhat...
  6. X

    Decided on AMD for build, need help!

    Well I think I'm definitely going AMD, and my ceiling is $2,000. 2+ IPS monitors at 1920x1200 both with Displayport native surfing, gaming (FPS, RTS, etc), little bit of photoshopping and media work Only things I'm (maybe) bringing from my current PC: 2TB in sata storage (WD greens), 1TB...
  7. X

    ~2k budget (Watercool included)...wait til Black Friday?

    Thanks for the WC advice! Looks like I'm going to go with the 1055t and probably one 5770 for now; I'll get a second one when prices drop a bit. I've got Displayport monitors, so I hope to take advantage of that. Any other advice?
  8. X

    ~2k budget (Watercool included)...wait til Black Friday?

    I've also thought about that. While it still hasn't been great, it was okay. Seemed like a "here's stuff we couldn't sell" and a little "we might as well try to sell this too" Thoughts on building a rig that's pretty much done, but maybe waiting for a second graphics cards and some more RAM?
  9. X

    ~2k budget (Watercool included)...wait til Black Friday?

    Yeah, those were kind of my sentiments with the whole "wait til black friday" thing. I remember being REALLY disappointed with local and online retailers and I wasn't even looking for a full build back then. I've been mATX every build I've done and would like to go full tower this time...
  10. X

    ~2k budget (Watercool included)...wait til Black Friday?

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Gaming, photoshop, web browsing, a little video editing, just general power-ish user stuff 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? 2000, yes 3) Where do you live? Currently Austin, TX. Home is...
  11. X

    Mechanical Keyboard Guide

    Uh oh @ Razer using mechanical keyboards. What will the script kiddies and wannabe pros have to blame their losing on now???? Actually though, it's a good thing. The more people that know about mech keyboards, the better IMO.
  12. X

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    Got mine yesterday. WOW.
  13. X

    HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

    Went ahead and bought mine today. Can't wait!
  14. X

    General Use (HD+Gaming+Engineering student) >=23in. display <=$400

    woah woah woah lol 700 is way too much. 500 is sorta pushing it, but if it's really worth it I can justify 500 to myself.
  15. X

    General Use (HD+Gaming+Engineering student) >=23in. display <=$400

    That HP looks pretty good...drool
Back
Top