• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by XAleX360

  1. X

    ASUS PA246Q: 24-inch, 1920x1200, IPS

    Hello everyone, I just attached this to the wall and I must say it is a definite improvement over my old Samsung P2450H (a mediocre TN). I'm using DisplayPort as of now with sRGB profile. However, I'm wondering if any of you have figured out optimal settings for gaming/movies, brightness seems...
  2. X

    Catalyst 10.5?

    There are claims of 10fps gain on minimum in Metro 2033...
  3. X

    To buy or not to buy a 5870 Vapor-X?

    Yeah, my case unfortunately is much smaller and has far worse ventilation. So I guess I'm gonna get the reference card and be fine with that. After all, it even costs less money :p And has more OC potential, so it's the best choice overall.
  4. X

    To buy or not to buy a 5870 Vapor-X?

    Uhm...Thing is, I read that the VaporX sends back the heat into the case unlike the reference card, is that true?I just have two small fans...80 and 120mm, for the "cooling".
  5. X

    To buy or not to buy a 5870 Vapor-X?

    So you are basically telling me plainly to buy the 5870 card, right? If I OC the reference 5870, how much hot can it actually get? :confused:
  6. X

    To buy or not to buy a 5870 Vapor-X?

    But the Vapor-X 1.0 should have the reference PCB, right? In that case, voltage control should be still there. I should try and get to know if this Vapor-X is 1.0 or 2.0... Thing is, my case tends to get hot during summer and maybe some decent cooling on the GPU might help a lot; also, I...
  7. X

    To buy or not to buy a 5870 Vapor-X?

    Hello, fellow AMD users. I am at crossroads: I am going to buy a 5870, that's for sure. But the question is, 5870 Sapphire (reference) or 5870 Sapphire Vapor-X? I read some reviews and it seems that performance wise Vapor-X gives 1-6 fps more on average, but of course the biggest gain is...
  8. X

    So Which 5800 Series Card Should I get?

    I will get a 5870 now and a totally new card (maybe PC, who knows) in 1.5-2 years. Simple as that. After all, most of games are console ported and 5870 will last a lot. Even Crytek published their CryEngine 3 as mostly MMO/console bound, giving up with the overly detailed and poorly optimized...
  9. X

    Why there aren't any 480 OC vs 5870 OC proper reviews?

    Yes, exactly. And since having a nice water kit isn't really common for gamers (saved for the very elite of hardware fans), I bet GTX 480 will hardly be appealing to many. I myself have a decent air-cooling system and nothing more, and I'm willing to bet that I would be able to have a stable...
  10. X

    Why there aren't any 480 OC vs 5870 OC proper reviews?

    LoL...Care to link this site? :p
  11. X

    Why there aren't any 480 OC vs 5870 OC proper reviews?

    Ok, now we've all seen from (serious) reviews that GTX 480 tends to be some 10-15% faster on average, gaining some decent lead on a few titles, mainly older ones though (with the exception of Metro2033 that isn't really ATI optimized at the moment), but actually losing in others. Most reviews...
  12. X

    LG L246W

    Anyone can help?:)
  13. X

    LG L246W

    It does, I know, and then?
  14. X

    LG L246W

    Hi all. I bought this monitor and received it as a marvellous Easter Egg just last Friday! I'm very happy about it. I'm using it with 360@HDMI and PC@VGA and both look excellent. Desktop wise I run the native, amazing 1920x1200 resolution, whilst for games and movies I use the Xbox 360 at a...
  15. X

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Hi everyone, I bought the WinDAS cable but I'm unable to connect it to the monitor at the moment: I have to remove the monitor's casing and I don't know how to do it. Can you help me, or provide me a guide or such? :confused: Also, I would like to bring to your attention this announcement...
Back
Top