• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by william_fontaine

  1. W

    Herman Miller Aeron - $669

    Maybe the newer Herman Miller models are better. I just can't stand the hard front plastic rim on the Aerons, it's so uncomfortable on my legs.
  2. W

    Herman Miller Aeron - $669

    Steelcase chairs are so much better than Aerons though.
  3. W

    Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

    I had no idea... I thought house prices were the only thing pumped to crazy levels right now.
  4. W

    Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

    Holy crap, the ZOTAC 3090 I got for $1500 is going for $3000 on eBay? And the 1070 I got for $400 in 2016 is still selling for $400 used o_O
  5. W

    NVIDIA Bans Reviewer for Concentrating on Rasterization Instead of Ray Tracing

    No, I meant what they do to a reviewer. Granted it's a juvenile move from NVIDIA but the card still does what I want to do the fastest.
  6. W

    NVIDIA Bans Reviewer for Concentrating on Rasterization Instead of Ray Tracing

    What, why? It's the top card right now. Who cares what the company does to a reviewer as long as their product is good? Instead of returning it you might as well just sell it.
  7. W

    EPIC Black Friday sale

    Picked up Red Dead 2 with the discount. It's so much more playable on keyboard/mouse for me than it is with a PS4 controller. Plus the graphics are a lot nicer on my PC.
  8. W

    240hz is best Quantitatively

    Bah, I've been here almost 15 years and I've always been about best-bang-for-the-buck. It doesn't make sense to spend 2x, 3x, or more on highly depreciating assets for performance or features that you don't need. My main exception is TN panels - I'm not getting one of those, no matter how low...
  9. W

    Woot: Herman Miller Aeron Chair $500

    Meh, the Steelcase chairs are much more comfortable for me. The hard front edge on the Aeron gets uncomfortable if you sit up on the front edge. $500 is still a pretty good deal if you like these though.
  10. W

    Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

    Anyone still using their 2209WA? I just realized mine is 9 years old, but it's still in perfect condition and is the best for reading text. I'm using it to post this right now. Though I wonder if there are any newer monitors that are as good or better for eye strain while reading.
  11. W

    Learn something new - Ends May 28th

    I took the Angular Complete Guide training and it was much better than I expected. But this price really isn't very special - they are ALWAYS offering some deal that takes prices down to about $10. And even when there is no deal, I think the highest price I saw for the one I took was $20.
  12. W

    [MILD] Acer Predator Z35P 35" Gsync Ultrawide Curved Monitor - $749.99

    I'm still on 60Hz and no HDR, I don't really get the appeal of those.
  13. W

    In need of info about the Intel CPU hardware bug

    Here is a good early benchmark video for desktop users with 8700k, pre-patch and post-patch: TL;DW: gaming not affected, NVMe SSD performance 5-15% worse.
  14. W

    Humble Software Bundle: VEGAS Pro Creative Freedom

    Doesn't Vegas Pro Edit have less functionality than Vegas Pro?
  15. W

    Is my CPU enough for a gtx 1080?

    bespoke pixels, made in small batches
Back
Top