Recent content by w00tguy123

  1. W

    How did my mobo bust?

    From the little research I did, it seems like Corsair, Seasonic and Antec are the best brands to buy a PSU from currently. I guess that makes sense if you go by the you-get-what-you-pay-for rule. I ended up going for the cheapest (but not too cheap) 600 watt I could find. It's 80-plus certified...
  2. W

    How did my mobo bust?

    I had no idea the PSU I had was "shitty-quality". It had been used in an old machine for over a year without issue. Before I posted this thread it seemed to me that the mobo crapped out for no apparent reason. Now it seems the PSU dragged the mobo down with it to the grave. If whatever happened...
  3. W

    How did my mobo bust?

    The power supply was a Logisys 550W w/ 120mm Ball Bearing Fan. I've just found out that it is also no longer working. Could the overheated/overloaded PSU have killed the mobo? Should I be worried about the other components? I use a Hyper 212 Evo for my cooling, and after running prime95 for...
  4. W

    How did my mobo bust?

    I was in the middle of playing a game when suddenly the computer shuts down and refuses to turn back on. I figured it was a problem with the PSU so I changed it with one I know works and I at least get the power LED to flash, but nothing beyond that. Eventually I took the mobo out of the case...
  5. W

    Odd SSD delays

    Yes, I have secondary disk drive but I can hear it when it wakes up. Ever since I switched my SATA controller drivers to get that ToolBox program to work I haven't had any more delays. Apparently there's a compatibility problem with Intel SSDs and NForce boards...
  6. W

    Odd SSD delays

    I ran the toolbox and everything looks like it's working fine (I had to change my SATA drivers to get the program to work, though). The program said I needed to disable SuperFetch, so I did that and also ran the full diagnostic scan. Right now the SSD is working fine, but if I start getting the...
  7. W

    Odd SSD delays

    I'm having problems with my Intel 160GB SSD running windows 7 x64 bit. For some reason, many applications that use this drive have long delays (up to about 5 seconds) before writing/reading data. For instance, opening a program (even notepad had this issue for while, but not anymore)...
Back
Top