So how long does windows have to support XP with patches? Is it like car manufacturers where they have to make parts for 10 years after the car is made? I would think that they would want to stop patching XP to force everyone to move to win7. On the other hand with so many XP users still out...
I have the T410s and it is impressively fast. Word, excel etc are instant. I have the SSD drive and an i5 processor. As for the battery life, I get about 4 hours with some surfing and working in MS office. I will say that it has way more power then you need for MS office so you sacrifice...
I just bought a Thinkpad T410s and I'm impressed. Before I was a big Dell fan but this laptop has changed my mind. The fan makes no noise and it is blazing fast with and i5 and ssd. The only thing that I'm having trouble with is the sensitivity of the touchpad. I'm used to my mac powerbook...
Here is a review that I should have posted before:
http://www.thinkpadtoday.com/thinkpad-t410-and-t410s-launch-review-why-we-love-the-thinkpad-t410-and-t410s-and-why-you-should-buy-one.htm
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDE5mMe-lSA
The screen is 14.1″ WXGA+ with a resolution of...
Just an update on my search...
With any laptop there is no perfect one. I think that everyone has to make compromises. With that in mind I gave up on getting a CLUV processor. With prices dropping on the new intel i-series I decided that new technology would make the laptop more future...
So I've been searching the web and came up with what I think are a few of the top contenders with a few comments. Not all laptops are CULV but all are ultraportable. I haven't seen the DM3T so thanks for the input I'll look that up.
Dell Envy 13" - glossy screen
Dell Adamo - battery doesn't...
I'm been looking at the CULV laptops waiting for them to mature a bit more before I picked one up but it seems that they have been pretty slow to come out with new models. I'm looking for something with very high resolution and long batter life. I spend most of my time on word or excel so I...
So you guys got me pumped up about that 30gig SSD I had lying around. I went through my HD and deleted all the extra stuff and ended up with about 24gigs. Just enough to use the ssd. Here are the benchmarks comparing the Internal HD vs the cloned SSD connected through the usb. The results...
How many gigs is the 30gig drive once you formated it? I have a mac mini with windows on it and a 30 gig is just too small. I originally bought that exact drive but after loading everything on to my computer I was over 40gigs so I couldnt use it. That's what I was thinking the 80gig Intel...
When the X25-M G2's were first introduced they were a lot cheaper. I'm not sure if it's the technology that is increasing the price or Intel limiting the supply. I would suspect that with all of the new models of SSD drives on the market that the price has gone down but Intel is setting the...
SSD drives have been out for awhile now and quite a few manufactures are getting into the game. Intel has been the best IMHO even with reletively low write numbers about 250mb/s and a write of 70mb/s (X25-M) for around $290. OCZ came on the scene and was able to get higher write numbers...
PS3 pwns the batman according to lensof truth. Well ok, it wins by one point. I think that the biggest difference in the look of the games comes from the port. If a game was designed for Xbox then they are not going to put in the same level of effort to make it look good on PS3. Why do all...
What I would like to see is a trophy/point system where you could redeem points for online games. This would encourage more people to go after the trophies or points and even purchase more games. Maybe they could occasionally come out with a game that offered easy points to help get more? Now...
I'm an old school gamer. Grew up on the NES and before that Atari 2600. I haven't gamed much since those days (except for PC) but I just recently picked up a PS3. I really enjoy the PS3 and the games that they make but I don't understand why people are all crazy about achieving trophies in...