• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by v3man

  1. V

    Mini amps? Need help/suggestions/advice

    I'm having trouble finding any thrift-type store that have receivers. Best option I could find so far was a Sherwood receiver for $89 at Radio Shack (somewhere along the lines of 8 ohms and 100W) Thanks for the update mojave! I'm thinking of just going with this one. I hope the return...
  2. V

    Mini amps? Need help/suggestions/advice

    Sweet! Much appreciated obobski. I'll let you know how it goes :D
  3. V

    Mini amps? Need help/suggestions/advice

    Ahh i see. I think i will try the thrift store route because I got the idea of putting my LCD monitor on top of a 17" component (unless it is not recommended). Can you help me with what specs I should be looking for in the receiver? Should I be looking at components with 8 ohm resistance...
  4. V

    Mini amps? Need help/suggestions/advice

    So the PTAs would underpower my speakers? That Mini Hi Fi Stereo Amp is interesting but at that price I don't exactly know what to expect. Haha. In terms of price, It really all depends on quality. If i really can't find good quality at less than $100, then I will go for higher (but would...
  5. V

    Mini amps? Need help/suggestions/advice

    (Note: I don't know much about CPU audio so please bear with me) So I have a pair of bookshelf speakers (link here) hooked up to my computer and they are currently hooked up to a cd player/receiver (the thing with 3 blue rings on the right). There is a lot of noise coming from the speakers...
  6. V

    questions

    so basically the best option is to buy a stand from a different monitor? what about like.. those fence like backings (if you know what i mean.. hard to describe)?
  7. V

    questions

    hey guys. i'm new to the forum (and a newb in general). I tried searching this but could not find anything, maybe i'm not searching the right words. if it is a repost i would gladly take a thread redirection. I just got a new monitor and was wondering what the different methods were of...
Back
Top