Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Yeah that is the general plan. Had I not told them I was doing this they probably would have thought I just changed the background. Thanks for all the feedback guys, I think I might go with Mint or Ubuntu. Considering something really small like DSL or Puppy Linux.
So, my parents computer is getting absolutely terrible and runs much slower than it has a right to. I've reformatted it on at least one occasion and that didn't seem to help. Since they only use it for internet and very occasional word processing they keep using that to justify not buying a...
So I'm thinking about the auzentech forte and the A700 and attaching a cheap boom mic to it so then I have a mic with noise cancelling that is convenient and outside noise from LANs will be blocked out.
If I did mod that headset I would do this mod:
http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271582
So, there would be no cutting but I had wondered if the mic being there would affect the sound stage. I have looked at the pc 350 and it looked pretty good. I don't think I want the fatal1ty...
The only problem with the zalman is I hear it has no noise cancelling because it is a clip-on. This could get very annoying for LANs. Also, could you elaborate on what you mean by "external shinies".
So, I am going to be building a desktop soon and I am planning on getting the AD700s when I do so. I will probably be modding a boom mic onto the headphones because I plan to use them for LANs and Ventrillo and such. I was thinking it would probably be a good idea to get a decent sound card to...
Yes, I had been looking at the F3 as I had heard it is a very good drive. I'm hoping I can get a drive with 500 gb platters because those all seem to be pretty good. I had also been looking at that mobo because usb 3.0 would be nice.
Yes, I was actually considering that RAM. As for motherboards I don't know if I really want an matx board. I was leaning more towards this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128401
I think I would prefer a modular psu for better cable management but I don't know if...
I have actually looked at the Sennheiser headphones a little bit, specifically the PC-350s. I might end up getting them but they are just slightly out of my price range. I'm not entirely sure that the ssd will fit in my budget but if it does I will consider getting one. I do really want that...
I am finally going to be building my first pc. I have a pretty decent idea of what parts I want and I am mostly looking for feedback.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming, homework, movies, programming.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping...
I think I might actual prefer an open-ear design so that way I'm not completely tuning everyone out at a LAN. I am liking the idea of a clip-on mic and a headset so that way I get a quality headset which could also be used with my mp3 player... and I do have a small FLAC collection growing so...
I've pretty much decided to go with the g15 keyboard and the deathadder unless someone can argue strongly against them as I've had a lot of good feedback on those and the g15 is only $50 on newegg right now. Plus I am looking forward to messing with the LCD apps for the g15. I think if I get...
Yeah I was actually looking at the deathadder and I think it looks like a nice mouse. I'm not really sure I need the newer version as it seems it just has a higher dpi (correct me if I'm wrong) and I don't really need that. Also, the older version is 15 bucks less on newegg. I think the g15...