I just reseated it, without new thermal paste or anything, and it dropped 10 degrees in temperature, so maybe I'll have to get some new stuff and put that in. Does that sound about right? Or should I just get a new hsf? I don't want to spend a lot, probably 20 to 30 bucks if I have to, so is it...
yeah I think so too, but is there any more definitive information? I know they are probably not that accurate, but they got to be decent, not like 30 degrees.
So I just set up my first build, and although I'm waiting for RAM I borrowed some from another computer just to make sure that I plugged it all in properly and it works. So it turns on fine, and everything seems to be good, the only thing is in the bios, the temperatures for the cpu are sitting...
sweet, well as far as I can tell I don't have any dead pixels, on my laptop I do though, but I already knew about that one, and my laptop is over a year old, so no big deal.
this is a little shameless plug, for this samsung 740B 17" screen I haven't tested it for gaming and the like, but the...
Ok, so I'm pretty sure I would be able to see a dead pixel, and I just got a new Samsung 740B 17" which looks great, I know its not a 19", but I couldn't fork out that extra 100 bucks or whatever canadian. Anyways, so the place I bought it I also got a 30 day 0 dead pixel gauruntee, so I'm...
So I'm looking to buy a lcd for my new build since I don't have a screen. I've been looking at the Samsung 740B 17" and recently the Viewsonic VA712B mostly because it has similar specs, but is I have seen for 15 bucks cheaper canadian. I can get the samsung for 300 canadian, since I am in...
So what's the cheapest way that works to monitor temps? Yeah I realized to clock it all the way up to 200 would be a lot of change, probably won't do that, we'll see how it goes,
indeed you are correct diamond is not equal to carbon nanotubes, never said so, and you are quite right insaying across different axis the material properties of carbon nanotubes behave differently, However, I wish to disagree at least in the structural application area because there are large...
Diamonds as heatsinks is pretty crazy idea, but don't forget that diamond is really just carbon made up in certain formation, I think instead of diamond heatsinks there will be more move to the use of things like carbon nanotubes, which are a great invention once they can mass produce them, cuz...
Ok, so I've ordered in stuff for my new build, and it isn't here yet, but I am thinking over overclocking the processor, it runs at 533 FSB, my mobo the ecs 848P-A7 supports 800 FSB and I have generic ram coming in that's DDR400, so basically all my other components can handle an overclock to...
I'd definitly think its a grounding problem or like you said a bare wire hitting something, that's not a good, hopefully no major problems will result from the static that's causing this. Sorry not much help but to agree with you.
So I'm working on a new build, and as the nature of my house, the only real feasible way to get my internet to my computer is wireless, which is already set up in my house. Currently its an linksys B system, but I will buy a G card since there is no point in restricting myself to the lower...