Recent content by tstewart

  1. T

    First time watercooler: thoughts on prospective rig

    While on the subject of the pa 120.3. I am setting up a system - QX9770 and one 3870-X2 with full cover EK block. Will be OCing both. Will the pa120.3 handle this ok? This is my first watercooling project so I didn't want to get into duel loops. I have the 655 vari for the pump. All going in a...
  2. T

    Q9770, what board?

    I assume the 9770 came directly from Intel? I have been waiting for this processor. Any real idea when this will be released to the public? Thank-You, Ted
  3. T

    3870 -2D-3D- Clocks

    That's what I am thinking also. It even does this in full screen mode.It is very annoying. I tried Atitool beta and the 3870 does not like the program - hard locks.
  4. T

    3870 -2D-3D- Clocks

    Just Tried - No Go but thanks for trying:)
  5. T

    3870 -2D-3D- Clocks

    Would someone tell me if there is a way to lock the 2D clocks on the ATI 3870 ? I have rivatuner and there is no selection to fix the 2D Clocks. The problem is I play FSX and use the window mode due to using a second monitor and the clocks keep jumping from 2d which is only a core clock of 300...
  6. T

    Extra Startup Service

    Hi, Have been searching various forum's because I know I saw this before, but would someone tell me what the extra blank service in msconfig is- that is checked when installing CCC. Under command it is blank and location is Software\Windows\Current Version\Run I unchecked this and it...
  7. T

    Questions on 3870

    "just over clock the 2D mode to 3d speeds." - That's what I want to do but have never used Rivatuner or Attool. I am sort of lost here :confused: Thank-You, Ted
  8. T

    Questions on 3870

    Just receivied my Diamond 3870. Installed ok. Questions - Is it normal for the 2d clocks to be 300 and 1126? When in 3d it does jump to 777 and 1126. Also, I have never used Rivatuner - but can you set 2d clocks? I run a certain game in windowed mode and 3d clocks never kick in on windowed mode...
  9. T

    Warm - VisonTEK HD3870 $207.43 FS (+tax)

    Dell does not have these in stock. I already ordered one and cancelled order. I called and they do not have these in stock. Expect stock around Dec 10th I was told.:(
  10. T

    Striker at Newegg

    Sorry, That is not the Striker.
  11. T

    Prime 95 for Dual Cores

    Wondering if someone can give me a clear answer. I have a dual core amd cpu and when you run prime 95 on both cores(2 seperate instances) can you select the option on torture test -In place large fft's ? I see that some say you have to select custom and manually set the amount of ram to use for...
  12. T

    X1900xtx with a Lapped, Brasso & Alcohol cleaned HS

    I understand the process of lapping, but on the 4 spring loaded screws that hold copper hs to baseplate, how far do you turn the screws in? Sorry about the dumb question? I removed the screws and didn,t take note to how far they were turned down. Thanks. :rolleyes:
  13. T

    New 1900XTX and PS Shutdown?

    Hi Guys, Ran into a problem last night and I think this is a classic PS problem, but I wanted to ask here for Experts help. First up the setup - FX-60 running on Asus A8N-Sli premium with 2 Gb of Ballistix PC4000 running on Win XP Pro. Have 2 Hdds,2 Dvd, Antec P-180 case with 4 case...
Back
Top